Author Topic: TO DO for release  (Read 4354 times)

tomreyn

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
    • MegaGlest - the free and open source cross platform 3D real-time strategy game
TO DO for release
« on: 22 April 2011, 16:24:04 »
As discussed with silnarm, since issues reported on the forums have the obvious issue of moving into the void over time, let's collect issues which should be discussed and possibly fixed for the next GAE release here in this sticky thread. Grave issues should still go directly to the GAE Trac on sf.net.

I would appreciate you adding things here, too, either by editing this post (if you can, I assume there is no write locking, though, so beware) or by adding to it in new posts below.

OUTSTANDING

If you can edit this post, please move issues you know are fixed down to 'DONE'. Feel free to add a WON'T FIX category and move entries there as needed, too.
  • Test new/modified features (tomreyn)
    • Options menu (hailstone)
    • Normal mapping (silnarm)
    • Shaders in general: things like mesh/texture opacity, ensure meshes are being rendered as the original fixed pipe code was doing. (silnarm)
    • cloaking and detectors, "stress test" (make lots of detectors, move them around a bunch, kill them, make sure you can't detect in those areas (the engine uses counters per cloak group per tile, this is meant to test that those counters are being maintained properly)). (silnarm)
    • teleport, try teleport off map, into large areas of 'unwalkable' tileset objects, test the explored only flag... etc. (silnarm)
    • two-tier upgrade commands, actually all the 'production' type commands that can be single or two tier (produce, upgrade, morph) should have both versions tested, looking for tool-tip defects in particular ;) (silnarm)
    • Test addons including total conversion addons (unassigned)
    • cost-modifiers and store-modifiers (new upgrade options) and the 'affects' node, using units by name and tag (silnarm)
    • open the binary multiple times (hailstone)
    • Add a functionality to the + and - boxes on all occurrences of their appearance, or remove where unneeded. (unassigned)
  • problem with playback speed of some oggs? (silnarm)
  • Custom mouse cursor doesn't change back to default when quiting game because of error, such as server disconnected (hailstone)
  • add more things to fix here

DONE

« Last Edit: 30 July 2011, 07:42:19 by hailstone »
atibox: Ryzen 1800X (8 cores @3.6GHz), 32 GB RAM, MSI Radeon RX 580 Gaming X 8G, PCI subsystem ID [1462:3417], (Radeon RX 580 chipset, POLARIS10) @3440x1440; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon (amdgpu) / mesa video driver
atibox (old): Core2Quad Q9400 (4 cores @2.66GHz), 8 GB RAM, XFX HD-467X-DDF2, PCI subsystem ID [1682:2931], (Radeon HD 4670, RV730 XT) @1680x1050; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon / mesa video driver
notebook: HP envy13d020ng
internet access: VDSL2+

· · · How YOU can contribute to MG · Latest development snapshot · How to build yourself · Megapack techtree · Currently hosted MG games · · ·

Omega

• MegaGlest Team
  • Dragon
  • Professional bug writer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
Re: TO DO for release
« Reply #1 on: 25 April 2011, 01:43:07 »
Documentation of GAE's INI is (virtually) complete here: https://docs.megaglest.org/GAE/INI

Only missing one blank: Misc debug keys (speaking of missing values, perhaps you can finish MegaGlest's INI documentation? It's missing a fair few values that I have no clue what they do).
« Last Edit: 18 June 2016, 18:57:18 by filux »
Edit the MegaGlest wiki: http://docs.megaglest.org/

My personal projects: http://github.com/KatrinaHoffert

John.d.h

• Airship
  • I have to go now. My planet needs me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 1 May 2011, 08:21:19 »
Should we be getting support for cast-spell targets other than self?  I have plans for immediate use if so.

silnarm

• Local Moderator
  • Behemoth
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 9 May 2011, 08:25:29 »
Should we be getting support for cast-spell targets other than self?  I have plans for immediate use if so.

Will have to have an irc chat sometime to find out exactly what you need... depending on your exact needs, affect="target" could probably be rustled up quickly, affect="area" (ie. create an emanation at a target pos) will be have to be post-merge  :'(
Glest Advanced Engine - Code Monkey

Timeline | Downloads

John.d.h

• Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 9 May 2011, 18:18:37 »
I just need a unit to be able to cast an effect on a friendly unit.  Having it splash and hit nearby units would be a plus.

https://github.com/johndh/Project-Red/blob/master/project_red/techs/project_red/factions/magic/units/renewer/renewer.xml#L151

Come to think of it, would a modified version of the attack skill be useful for this?  AFAIK, all it really needs is to not do damage (aside from the effects), and for the AI to hopefully know to use it on the targets that it affects.  Then we could even have pretty projectiles and such from the attack skill.

silnarm

• Local Moderator
  • Behemoth
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12 May 2011, 09:16:20 »
I just need a unit to be able to cast an effect on a friendly unit.  Having it splash and hit nearby units would be a plus.
Come to think of it, would a modified version of the attack skill be useful for this?  AFAIK, all it really needs is to not do damage (aside from the effects), and for the AI to hopefully know to use it on the targets that it affects.  Then we could even have pretty projectiles and such from the attack skill.

Done, with some loose ends to tie up no doubt ;)

It is not based on attack 'as such', projectiles and splashes were only very loosely tied to attack skills anyway, but it works in much the same way.

I gave merlin a modified version of your 'healing light' spell, check that for the 'full scoop'. In a nutshell, make the command <affect value="target"/>, add a <start-time value="0.x"/> to the skill, and optionally a Projectile and/or splash.

*start-time is technically optional, but the default is 0.0, which is probably not what you want...

**internally this is very similar to how attack works, and indeed uses a lot of the same code, as such the whole skill-speed Vs anim-speed problems that exist with attack exist with cast-spell too, in particular the start-time is tied to the anim-speed, not the skill speed.  Use the same value!
Glest Advanced Engine - Code Monkey

Timeline | Downloads

John.d.h

• Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 13 May 2011, 03:31:40 »
Awesome :thumbup:

Omega

• MegaGlest Team
  • Dragon
  • Professional bug writer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #7 on: 17 June 2011, 22:34:08 »
These are incomplete features that are started and, well, incomplete:

-Options menu: Both in game and from the main menu. Missing many options.
-Pin Widgets menu: In the ingame menu, clicking it does nothing.
Edit the MegaGlest wiki: http://docs.megaglest.org/

My personal projects: http://github.com/KatrinaHoffert

anything