Author Topic: Improved "scripting"  (Read 2463 times)

AngelOD

Improved "scripting"
« on: 5 June 2005, 13:45:33 »
Currently the whole techtree is created using XML files, and that's great, so I'm not suggesting any changes here, but I do think there could be some improvements to the abilities. Now I know I can contribute, and will do so if I manage to properly figure out the code (and I figure out how to build it without VC++).

I will probably think of things over time, and will append to this thread when I think of more. But here are the things I've thought about so far.
  • Timed events, determining if an item perform specific actions at a specific interval. What would the use of this be? Well to me it would at first be used for units/buildings that produce a specific unit or resource at an interval.
  • Spell effects, like slowing units down, or improving the armour of a unit. A sort of timer would work here as well, so you could change an attribute and set a timer on when to change it back.
  • Other effects. Very much related to spell effects, and would probably be implemented in the same way. This could include poisoning, which would "attack" the unit at a specified interval, for a specified amount of time.
« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by AngelOD »

anything