release - come and get it while its hot (svn revision 2252)Downloads here: http://megaglest.org/download.html
- Much better pathfinder performance
- Allow servers to temporary block specified network players from the game lobby
- Better Linux distro packaing support (by default megaglest works in standard linux paths and make install added)
- Game data cleanup (duplicate sound files have been merged in megapack) and non free content replaced.
(autumn and desert tilesets)
- Displayed up to 15 queued commands (observers can view all players queued commands)
- Allow factions in a techtree to share common data using the special tag in xml files $COMMONDATAPATH
which points to the techtrees commondata/ folder.
- standardized games and tools startup scripts with names starting with 'startup_'
- updated translations for German, Italian and French
- bugfixes reported in 3.5.0
- AI enhancements (better repair, and safer build positions)
- Improved network code, fixes some out of synch issues.
- Display players svn revision# in network game lobby
- Menu changes to better group similar items
- Added Blender related tools in blender sub folder
- Modified binary and script names for Linux builds to avoid conflicts with original glest
- Added preview info in mod menu, scenario menu and tutorials
- End game stats have more info now
- Added more validations for modders for techtrees and scenarios (commandline options)
- Bugfix for OpenAL (now works in v 1.13)
- Updates to Romans faction
- Network messages generated by the game are now displayed in the local users selected language
- Support for custom credits (add the file data/core/menu/credits.txt)
- More AI player improvements
- Default screenshot format is now jpg (configurable in options menu)
- Fixed some performance problems with 'stuck' units
- improved resource selection
- performance improvements, now make it possible to play with more units and slower hardware than before.
- new maps with cliffs and higher terrain
- support for sending 7z tilesets and techtrees over network
- new game mod management console to download new game content or remove existing mod content
- multi-threaded pathfinding for better performance when many units are moving
- CPU AI player improvements (units get unstuck more often and stationary air units attack more efficiently)
- new tileset and resource particle support.
- added jpg screenshot support
- optional compressed GPU texture support
- improved harvesting and resource selection
- better support for multiple platform compiling
- Modifiable keyboard hotkeys
- bugfixes for map editor and g3d viewer to work more stable on multiple platforms
- LSB conform ".megaglest" usage
Please do read the installation instructions, since they contain important information.
Linux users need to install 7-zip (package p7zip-full on Debian + Ubuntu) to be able to install mods in the game (and to support various file transfer types).
Full installers:Linux 64 bit:Download Here
sha1sum 7659b05c6acb156685f1f6546a8cf86cdc9a4d66Linux 32 bit:Download Here
sha1sum 652df9b06097e3735422ac1d895217b33ac3cbc3Windows:Download Here
Advanced options:Please remember to report any issues and bugs in a separate thread, not here.Edit (tomreyn, 2011-05-08 08:19 UTC): fix sha1sum for MegaGlest-Installer-3.5.1_i386_64_linux.runEdit (tomreyn, 2011-05-08 08:57 UTC): replace reference to hard-/software requirements by reference to installation instructions on website