release - come and get it while its hot (svn revision 2311)Downloads here: http://megaglest.org/download.html
Sample screenshots below showing some international text.(NOTE: Chinese is just a teaser for the next release, its not yet supported)RussianUkrainian
- Lots of work to make MegaGlest a Linux distro friendly package (Debian, Arch, etc)
- Added Support for Russian and Ukrainian with proper fonts in Linux if installed.
- Map editor now supports diagonal flipping
- Windows users now have a shortcut to the mod folder in their MegaGlest programs Menu.
- Bug fixes including:
- Fix corrupted g3d viewer screenshots, and automatic screenshot mode does not steal focus for Linux users
- Proper network disconnect detection when connection drops in an abnormal way
- Avoid crash when user has no soundcard installed
- Better video handling for buggy opengl drivers that don't properly handle non power of two textures
- Better support for non ASCII file paths (like Japanese, etc) for international users and Unicode enabled parts of the code
- Much better pathfinder performance
- Allow servers to temporary block specified network players from the game lobby
- Better Linux distro packaing support (by default megaglest works in standard linux paths and make install added)
- Game data cleanup (duplicate sound files have been merged in megapack) and non free content replaced.
(autumn and desert tilesets)
- Displayed up to 15 queued commands (observers can view all players queued commands)
- Allow factions in a techtree to share common data using the special tag in xml files $COMMONDATAPATH
which points to the techtrees commondata/ folder.
- standardized games and tools startup scripts with names starting with 'startup_'
- updated translations for German, Italian and French
- bugfixes reported in 3.5.0
- AI enhancements (better repair, and safer build positions)
- Improved network code, fixes some out of synch issues.
- Display players svn revision# in network game lobby
- Menu changes to better group similar items
- Added Blender related tools in blender sub folder
- Modified binary and script names for Linux builds to avoid conflicts with original glest
- Added preview info in mod menu, scenario menu and tutorials
- End game stats have more info now
- Added more validations for modders for techtrees and scenarios (commandline options)
- Bugfix for OpenAL (now works in v 1.13)
- Updates to Romans faction
- Network messages generated by the game are now displayed in the local users selected language
- Support for custom credits (add the file data/core/menu/credits.txt)
- More AI player improvements
- Default screenshot format is now jpg (configurable in options menu)
- Fixed some performance problems with 'stuck' units
- improved resource selection
- performance improvements, now make it possible to play with more units and slower hardware than before.
- new maps with cliffs and higher terrain
- support for sending 7z tilesets and techtrees over network
- new game mod management console to download new game content or remove existing mod content
- multi-threaded pathfinding for better performance when many units are moving
- CPU AI player improvements (units get unstuck more often and stationary air units attack more efficiently)
- new tileset and resource particle support.
- added jpg screenshot support
- optional compressed GPU texture support
- improved harvesting and resource selection
- better support for multiple platform compiling
- Modifiable keyboard hotkeys
- bugfixes for map editor and g3d viewer to work more stable on multiple platforms
- LSB conform ".megaglest" usage
Please do read the installation instructions, since they contain important information.
Linux users need to install 7-zip (package p7zip-full on Debian + Ubuntu) to be able to install mods in the game (and to support various file transfer types).
Full installers:Linux 64 bit:Download Here
sha1sum f77ebce3b034381a0c25730422da62fff42428a6Linux 32 bit:Download Here
sha1sum d1f5a0d365f01cd9a820c035ae4535aecf08bc81Windows:Download Here
sha1sum 105434f30046af2e3f2586a990c225eb3f4f2c5e***NOTE: Windows users who installed the 3.5.2 installer may be missing a file (7z.dll). If you experince problems downloading mod content please get the missing 7d.dll from:
and place it into your megaglest installation folder, otherwise install 18.104.22.168 (the link above for windows users).
Advanced options:Please remember to report any issues and bugs in a separate thread, not here.