Author Topic: webgl  (Read 2220 times)

Ayrin Greenflag

• Horseman
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lostinn.com/ayrin
webgl
« on: 14 July 2011, 08:50:35 »
Hello everyone... i missed for long time... how's everyone doing?
Well my question is a bit tecnical, does everyone know anything about webgl and 3d graphic into browsers? It seems that is supported by chrome and firefox 4 but i've tryed it without success, maybe i'm at fault somewhere but i would like to try it and i will not give up so easly.... someone can help with some hint?
thx a lot....

Ayrin Greenflag
Third of the fives
Keeper of dragon's cave
www.lostinn.com/ayrin

tomreyn

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
    • MegaGlest - the free and open source cross platform 3D real-time strategy game
Re: webgl
« Reply #1 on: 20 July 2011, 17:57:48 »
Hi and welcome, Ayrin. Your question is not exactly precise, so I doubt you'll get a reply. Basically all you're saying is that you "tried [WebGL] without success" and that you are looking for someone who "knows anything about" it. That's a bit like asking for someone to explain to you how the world works.

atibox: Ryzen 1800X (8 cores @3.6GHz), 32 GB RAM, MSI Radeon RX 580 Gaming X 8G, PCI subsystem ID [1462:3417], (Radeon RX 580 chipset, POLARIS10) @3440x1440; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon (amdgpu) / mesa video driver
atibox (old): Core2Quad Q9400 (4 cores @2.66GHz), 8 GB RAM, XFX HD-467X-DDF2, PCI subsystem ID [1682:2931], (Radeon HD 4670, RV730 XT) @1680x1050; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon / mesa video driver
notebook: HP envy13d020ng
internet access: VDSL2+

· · · How YOU can contribute to MG · Latest development snapshot · How to build yourself · Megapack techtree · Currently hosted MG games · · ·

Ayrin Greenflag

• Horseman
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lostinn.com/ayrin
« Reply #2 on: 27 January 2013, 08:23:40 »
Sorry, my question was not clear at all, i tryed to use diferent kinds of format models on webgl, and noone wanted to import the meshes, so i'm starting to try use blender, but is a bit hard to do, now i've found in the web that obj format want in the same directory of file obj and mtl also the texture file (don't now if jpg or other format) is that correct? But seems that obj don't include animation is that also correct? So the only format that include animation seems to be collada. But collada models exported by 3dsmax don't work properly. So in the end i have to use blender for export collada models ... and i'm not able to do it :D
Seems i'm in a stall position.  :'(
Any clue?
I know i make troublesome and complicated questions  ;D

will

• Golem
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28 January 2013, 10:16:20 »
I have never used it nor know how it works, but three.js is the standard go-to library for loading models and drawing things in webgl.

anything