Author Topic: Ubuntu Software Center Support  (Read 707 times)

Mansoor

Ubuntu Software Center Support
« on: 23 July 2011, 16:11:38 »
Hi all,

I found out about Glest through the Ubuntu Software Center. After a while I saw there were many things that needed development in the game play. so i searched online and found Megaglest.

The Ubuntu Developers are taking the Ubuntu Software center seriously lately with introduction of paid apps and in the next release a complete new Software Center to make it fast and look much better. I believe there will also be the ability to Donate to certain projects if they are free. so my question is does the MegaGlest team plan to release Megaglest on the Ubuntu Software Center?

tomreyn

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
    • MegaGlest - the free and open source cross platform 3D real-time strategy game
Re: Ubuntu Software Center Support
« Reply #1 on: 23 July 2011, 23:03:29 »
Softcoder and Titi have spent lots of their time on making MegaGlest packageable for Debian GNU/Linux, which, for the most part, Ubuntu is a clone of. Ubuntu's "software center" is basically yet another APT frontend, but with (I think) hardcoded filters so you only get to see some packages but not others. I'm not sure which criteria they apply there, but I guess you'd first need to get the package into Ubuntu, which basically means getting it into Debian.
atibox: Ryzen 1800X (8 cores @3.6GHz), 32 GB RAM, MSI Radeon RX 580 Gaming X 8G, PCI subsystem ID [1462:3417], (Radeon RX 580 chipset, POLARIS10) @3440x1440; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon (amdgpu) / mesa video driver
atibox (old): Core2Quad Q9400 (4 cores @2.66GHz), 8 GB RAM, XFX HD-467X-DDF2, PCI subsystem ID [1682:2931], (Radeon HD 4670, RV730 XT) @1680x1050; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon / mesa video driver
notebook: HP envy13d020ng
internet access: VDSL2+

· · · How YOU can contribute to MG · Latest development snapshot · How to build yourself · Megapack techtree · Currently hosted MG games · · ·

anything