Uh oh, something went wrong? Hey, mistakes happen, let's fix that. The first and arguably most important step in fixing a bug is reporting it (after all, how can we fix what we don't know about?). All bug reports in this board should be for GAE only
. MegaGlest and Glest bugs have their own boards.Guidelines
- All regular board rules apply here.
- Search existing bug reports first to see if it has been fixed. Also consider trying the latest git-master to see if it has been patched up without a report.
- Each bug report should be its own thread. Don't make lists of bugs, as then we easily will end up missing the bug report. If you have multiple bug reports, make multiple threads.
- Name each thread appropriately. Don't just say "BUG - GAE Crashed!!!". Be specific.
- In addition to naming the thread appropriately, be specific in your post. Tell exactly what happened to make the bug occur. If possible, give instructions on how to re-enact the bug. Images a huge help, as well.
- Include computer specs. Lots of bugs are related to your computer itself. When posting a bug report, also post your Operating System (eg, Windows 7), your graphics card (eg, AMD Radeon HD 4650), your RAM (eg, 4 GB), how much of that RAM is actually available before opening GAE, and your computer's max resolution (eg, 1920x1080).
- When a bug is solved, change the thread name to include [Fixed], so that developers can tell apart fixed bugs from active bugs.
If GAE isn't starting at all, consider checking if your graphic drivers are up-to-date. Outdated drivers can cause issues that cannot be fixed on our side.