Author Topic: Announcement: little tool MGTray  (Read 5403 times)

TotalNoob

Re: Announcement: little tool MGTray
« Reply #25 on: 24 October 2011, 18:08:02 »
I think even in this shape, the program may be included in new release. This might bring many new players. What do you think?

m0ellemeister

« Reply #26 on: 24 October 2011, 19:09:34 »
In generel i would like to see MGTray as part of the official MegaGlest distribution. But at the moment i'm not satisfied about the quality the current version of MGTray. Since my last post in this thread i had no time to work on it. I would like to see most of the reported issues to be fixed before MGTray get's  packaged e.g. within the official MegaGlest binary installer.

Anyway, if MGTray will ever become a part of the MegaGlest project i would really appreciate it (and maybe spend more time on it).

TotalNoob

« Reply #27 on: 12 November 2011, 23:15:24 »
Now since headless servers will probably appear more often I think we should think about how to make them different in detection than other servers. The problem is that the MGTray constantly indicates that there is a free server (headless) even if there is no player inside, which would be willing to play. Maybe the simplest solution would be to make the notification come up if server is in "waiting for players" state AND connected slots number is > 0.

Coldfusionstorm

• Golem
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 13 November 2011, 07:27:33 »
Now since headless servers will probably appear more often I think we should think about how to make them different in detection than other servers. The problem is that the MGTray constantly indicates that there is a free server (headless) even if there is no player inside, which would be willing to play. Maybe the simplest solution would be to make the notification come up if server is in "waiting for players" state AND connected slots number is > 0.

Yes  :thumbup:

and i love the latest version of the app!. Gj!
WiP Game developer.
I do danish translations.
"i break stuff"

m0ellemeister

« Reply #29 on: 13 November 2011, 13:41:35 »

Good suggestion.  I'll implement this in a future release. Optionally MGTray can notify the way it is right now.

m0ellemeister

« Reply #30 on: 12 April 2012, 21:31:12 »
I just want you to let you know that i'm still working on MGTray. Here's the current version for Linux: http://sourceforge.net/projects/mgtray/files/v0.1.6/MGTray.gz/download

Windows version will follow.

Main changes had been done under the hood. I think most requested features are still missing. But the work i did is the "basement" for implenting most of them. So, in short what is new?

• it's possible to join a game by double clicking
  • it's possible to see games in state 'waiting for players' only by doing right click on the MGTray Icon in the systray and click on 'show games with free slots only'
  • notify regarding headless games will only occur when minimum of one player is connected (thanks to TotalNoob)
  • DB Backend (TDBF, dBase) has been implemented

Please test an report back. Thank you.

tomreyn

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
    • MegaGlest - the free and open source cross platform 3D real-time strategy game
« Reply #31 on: 16 April 2012, 21:42:16 »
Looks good to me, and those features already implemented work fine. Thank you!
atibox: Ryzen 1800X (8 cores @3.6GHz), 32 GB RAM, MSI Radeon RX 580 Gaming X 8G, PCI subsystem ID [1462:3417], (Radeon RX 580 chipset, POLARIS10) @3440x1440; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon (amdgpu) / mesa video driver
atibox (old): Core2Quad Q9400 (4 cores @2.66GHz), 8 GB RAM, XFX HD-467X-DDF2, PCI subsystem ID [1682:2931], (Radeon HD 4670, RV730 XT) @1680x1050; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon / mesa video driver
notebook: HP envy13d020ng
internet access: VDSL2+

· · · How YOU can contribute to MG · Latest development snapshot · How to build yourself · Megapack techtree · Currently hosted MG games · · ·

m0ellemeister

« Reply #32 on: 18 April 2012, 19:53:39 »
tomreyn, thank you for testing and reporting back.
« Last Edit: 18 April 2012, 20:01:48 by m0ellemeister »