Author Topic: Translations: Please help translate the upcoming MegaGlest release!  (Read 16442 times)

softcoder

• MegaGlest Team
  • Battle Machine
    • View Profile
Re: Translations: Please help translate the upcoming MegaGlest release!
« Reply #25 on: 3 November 2011, 20:37:44 »
Thanks its commited in svn

Coldfusionstorm

• Golem
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 4 November 2011, 04:48:48 »
Pastebin of the danish.lng file

http://pastebin.com/r2E5ra3V

if you need another file, just respond.

(this took a shitload of time how long were you other guys about translating? 2 hours for me)
« Last Edit: 4 November 2011, 04:57:12 by Omega »
WiP Game developer.
I do danish translations.
"i break stuff"

dragonboy

« Reply #27 on: 5 November 2011, 12:42:53 »
i will try to translate it to arab - i may statrt this evening

tomreyn

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
    • MegaGlest - the free and open source cross platform 3D real-time strategy game
« Reply #28 on: 5 November 2011, 13:38:53 »
Pastebin of the danish.lng file

Thanks. Softcoder submitted it almost immediately after you posted, so it may have made it into beta1 (not sure).

if you need another file, just respond.

You're welcome to also translate the tutorials and scenarios (in this order). At least the tutorials would be nice to have and they don't usually change across releases.

(this took a shitload of time how long were you other guys about translating? 2 hours for me)

It was rather quick on the german one (20 minutes?), but I rushed and did not test much since we were already in release preparations. It's also not complete with the latest key additions.
It's a much less daunting job if you update translations for every release, because then it's way less changes. In general, though, there were a lot of changes this time (which, I think, means there will be less for next release).

i will try to translate it to arab - i may start this evening

Arab will make a great additions, I'm looking forward to it. Please subscribe to the mailing list (see first post in this thread) in case you haven't, yet.
atibox: Ryzen 1800X (8 cores @3.6GHz), 32 GB RAM, MSI Radeon RX 580 Gaming X 8G, PCI subsystem ID [1462:3417], (Radeon RX 580 chipset, POLARIS10) @3440x1440; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon (amdgpu) / mesa video driver
atibox (old): Core2Quad Q9400 (4 cores @2.66GHz), 8 GB RAM, XFX HD-467X-DDF2, PCI subsystem ID [1682:2931], (Radeon HD 4670, RV730 XT) @1680x1050; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon / mesa video driver
notebook: HP envy13d020ng
internet access: VDSL2+

· · · How YOU can contribute to MG · Latest development snapshot · How to build yourself · Megapack techtree · Currently hosted MG games · · ·

Hagekura

• Archmage
    • View Profile
    • Hageus_Iaponicus(@Hageus_Hagekura)さん | Twitter
« Reply #29 on: 5 November 2011, 16:05:52 »
Hi, congrats for release of 3.5.3 beta. :)
I've replaced my videocard and checked japanese translation in game and made some corrections of texts.
Here is a fixed japanese language file.
http://megaglest.pzt.me/4s2o

hmn, in general japanese font size is a bit bigger in game and some texts protrude from menus. I had to shorten some texts. other than that, I saw no problems in japanese translation. (though I've not thoroughly checked internet games sections yet.)
Bushido to iu wa shinu koto to mitsuketari.

Japanese Faction Mod

softcoder

• MegaGlest Team
  • Battle Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 5 November 2011, 17:59:18 »
For all translators, you may pick the font that best suits your language and default font size.

Simply edit the lng file and at the bottom (here is an example of Chinese):

(download or try other true type Unicode fonts that support your language and place them in the fonts folder and edit filename below)
MEGAGLEST_FONT=$APPLICATIONDATAPATH/data/core/fonts/wqy-zenhei.ttc

(this scales the font to 80% of original size)
FONT_SCALE_SIZE=0.8

(the font is a multi-byte language font like Chinese, Japanese etc)
FONT_MULTIBYTE=true

(the font is right to left like Arabic or Hebrew)
FONT_RIGHTTOLEFT=false

(this value helps center text horizontally)
FONT_SCALE_CENTERH_FACTOR=3.0

(these values are default font sizes for different uses of the font in the menus and game)
FontConsoleBaseSize=18
FontDisplayBaseSize=12
FontDisplaySmallBaseSize=12
FontMenuBigBaseSize=20
FontMenuNormalBaseSize=14
FontMenuVeryBigBaseSize=25

dragonboy

« Reply #31 on: 5 November 2011, 18:49:04 »
(the font is a multi-byte language font like Chinese, Japanese etc)
FONT_MULTIBYTE=true

is that for arab too ?
 i have taken a font from my system fonts and i still have an error :(

tomreyn

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
    • MegaGlest - the free and open source cross platform 3D real-time strategy game
« Reply #32 on: 5 November 2011, 19:03:18 »
I assume it will be a multi-byte font.

What's the error you run into? Please describe it and possibly post a screen shot.

Which font are you using? We need to use a liberally licensed font to be able to ship it with the game. (But for now, just to try it, any font can be fine.)
atibox: Ryzen 1800X (8 cores @3.6GHz), 32 GB RAM, MSI Radeon RX 580 Gaming X 8G, PCI subsystem ID [1462:3417], (Radeon RX 580 chipset, POLARIS10) @3440x1440; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon (amdgpu) / mesa video driver
atibox (old): Core2Quad Q9400 (4 cores @2.66GHz), 8 GB RAM, XFX HD-467X-DDF2, PCI subsystem ID [1682:2931], (Radeon HD 4670, RV730 XT) @1680x1050; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon / mesa video driver

· · · How YOU can contribute to MG · Latest development snapshot · How to build yourself · Megapack techtree · Currently hosted MG games · · ·

dragonboy

« Reply #33 on: 5 November 2011, 19:47:09 »
hi
i tried to change the word exit by libreoffice and texteditor (ubuntu)
UTF-8  but the result was

:(
and i used arabic font sindbad from my system font

those are two arabic fonts

http://www.mediafire.com/?6n4l6a76tgtvdzk

http://www.mediafire.com/?k4a649biajb2k8p

and the word exit should be like this

sorry iam new in that  :-[

dragonboy

softcoder

• MegaGlest Team
  • Battle Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 5 November 2011, 19:54:18 »
The font MUST be a unicode font (support Unicode characters) or you will not see the characters properly. The lng file must also be saved as UTF-8.

I have a mock Arabic lng file I created months ago using gooole translate and I posted a picture on these forums (Search for Arabic).

Thanks

dragonboy

« Reply #36 on: 5 November 2011, 20:05:08 »
this is the topic thanks i will rest  and try again later

https://forum.megaglest.org/index.php?topic=7232.msg74115#msg74115

Me

« Reply #37 on: 8 November 2011, 19:34:22 »
I completed the German translation file.

What about translating the actual game content (the units, buildings and factions)?

Er, can I use atachments somehow?

tomreyn

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 8 November 2011, 19:53:20 »
this is the topic thanks i will rest  and try again later

https://forum.megaglest.org/index.php?topic=7232.msg74115#msg74115

Are you saying that arab words are disjoint, l i k e   t h i s ?
If so, please start a new thread in the "bug reports" forums and sum it up again there.

tomreyn

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 8 November 2011, 20:00:41 »
I completed the German translation file.

There is one already (I hope you didn't miss this?), but it's not so great, so maybe yours is better, let's see it! You can send it to tomreyn[at]megaglest[dot]org or upload it to some file storage service or pastebin. This and more is explained on the Translations page on the wiki.

What about translating the actual game content (the units, buildings and factions)?

This is not currently possible. Please file a feature request in the forums of the same name after reading the sticky post there.
« Last Edit: 18 June 2016, 17:22:58 by filux »

Hagekura

• Archmage
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 21 November 2011, 15:56:23 »
Hi.
This is a new translation of japanese.lng with font size adjusted, fixed some texts.
http://megaglest.pzt.me/5x7w

This is a japanese translation of basic tutorial.
http://megaglest.pzt.me/7b4c

Japanese Faction Mod

tomreyn

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 28 November 2011, 06:12:41 »
Thanks for the updated japanese translation - it took us a while but it's now checked in.

Hagekura

• Archmage
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 30 November 2011, 09:18:44 »
Thank you, I'll try to translate other tutorials too later.

Japanese Faction Mod

Pizza90

• Draco Rider
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 1 December 2011, 12:42:45 »
I just sent an updated version of the italian translation (i corrected some errors and replaced some terms with better ones). Greetings  :)
I translated Megaglest in italian and i keep the translation updated.

anything