release - come and get it while its hot (svn revision 3019)Downloads here: http://megaglest.org/download.html
- This release is primarily work done to get accepted into the next release of Debian Linux.
- some bugfixes reported in the bugs forum from 3.6.0
- g3d plugin for blender 2.61 included in the blender folder (thanks to love heaven and yggdrasil)
- added new ways to select unit for some players with opengl drivers that
don't work with selection buffer: EnableColorPicking=true
- bugfixes reported in the bugs forum from beta1 and 2
- iso639-1 style language loading example: megaglest --use-language=zh and auto language detect on first launch
- new and updated translations (Greek, Japanese, Russian, Italian, Czech etc)
- Ability to toggle languages anywhere in the game using CTRL-L
- auto complete player names in chat mode using tab character
- New headless server mode allows dedicated servers to host games for network players (command line option --headless-server-mode)
- customized port # override via commandline (useful for multiple headless servers) example: megaglest --use-ports=x,y (x is internal port y is external port)
- new client 'admin' mode when the first client connects to a headless server he controls the game settings
- new commandline option to support standalone modes example: megaglest --load-mod=x (x is the path to the mod)
- new lua functions added (to be documented on the MG wiki)
- New attack boost system (currently used by Romans faction) which allows new types of in game unit effects.
- attack-boosts can be named and shared for proper re-use and singleton usage.
- Improved mod menu which always checks for updates for all mods now and more
- Modders can change intro, menus, faction AI behavior and many more things.
- lower CPU / RAM requirements in headless server mode
- improved rendering performance
- New font system and enhanced International language support (Chinese, Japanese, etc)
- New intro
- Enhanced AI plays smarter and responds more quickly
- New ability to enable in game team-switching for defecting to other teams in game
- Improved Megapack including better balanced Romans faction
- Added ability to 'pause' network games by press ESC in game to show a new popup-menu with in game options.
- Hosts can now set a title for their game for network games.
- Music fades in and out of game start/stop
- New low food warning indicators tells players when they are running out of food
- MacOSX support (thanks weltall)
- Players are no longer dropped in game lobby when toggling maps (player status may show as unassigned network node if they are ina slot that is not applicable to the selected map)
- Bugfixes for supported UPNP for auto router configuration when hosting games
- many more...
v22.214.171.124:Full installers:Linux 64 bit:Download Here
sha1sum 8a15fd503fb8d6242fcf27f20a821724475e0da1Linux 32 bit:Download Here
sha1sum 82dabffe231a9de8f50ab5be1d8febc0e9e74f3eWindows:Download Here
sha1sum fe67cc43e4c8a2330cc215980ad23f61a79c6d83Mac OS X:Download Here
Please remember to report any issues and bugs in a separate thread, not here. Manual data installations (for advanced users only):Full Data package (for both Linux and Windows):glest.ini and glestkeys.ini are not included. They are platform specific and distributed with the binary.Download Here
sha1sum 6c93324573dc96b898368c307e6ed046c5896797Download Here
All Downloads here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/megaglest/files/megaglest_126.96.36.199/Running a standalone server in headless mode:megaglest --headless-server-mode
More info on running dedicated servers is available on the wiki