Author Topic: Can GAE in-game HUD be changed?  (Read 1537 times)

Kiko

Can GAE in-game HUD be changed?
« on: 22 January 2012, 12:58:20 »
I've spent a while searching the forums for information regarding removing the borders in the game HUD. I find them distracting, and while I prefer GAE I like the cleaner gameplay interface of MG. Just text and icons would be great for me.

I've played around with the widget.cfg file in the data/core/ folder but without success. Is there a simple way to switch off the borders around the title (gold, stone, etc) and the side area (building and unit selection, etc)..?

Omega

• MegaGlest Team
  • Dragon
  • Professional bug writer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
Re: Can GAE in-game HUD be changed?
« Reply #1 on: 22 January 2012, 18:29:55 »
Very much so, with the widget.cfg file. However, it is poorly documented. A partial documentation can be found on the wiki, though we're lacking in examples and indepth documentation. :(
« Last Edit: 18 June 2016, 18:55:00 by filux »
Edit the MegaGlest wiki: http://docs.megaglest.org/

My personal projects: http://github.com/KatrinaHoffert

Kiko

« Reply #2 on: 23 January 2012, 17:20:07 »
Cheers Omega. I had a good hack around in the config file, but in the end I decided it wasn't worth being concerned about.

Psychedelic_hands

« Reply #3 on: 25 January 2012, 01:23:29 »
Very much so, with the widget.cfg file. However, it is poorly documented. A partial documentation can be found on the wiki, though we're lacking in examples and indepth documentation. :(

I'd love for some more documentation... or just another example.
« Last Edit: 18 June 2016, 15:47:46 by filux »

wciow

• Behemoth
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 25 January 2012, 17:52:27 »
I'd love for some more documentation... or just another example.

I played around with widget.cfg when Silnarm first introduced it but it was trial and error as there was no documentation at that point. I'll try to get some more testing and documentation done soon to hopefully improve things for everyone.  Widgets seem to have incredible flexibility for building your own GUI but the scripting is more complex than the other XML files in GAE.

Alternatively Silnarm might return and explain to us modders how it works!
Check out my new Goblin faction - https://forum.megaglest.org/index.php?topic=9658.0

Psychedelic_hands

« Reply #5 on: 27 January 2012, 09:55:33 »
I played around with widget.cfg when Silnarm first introduced it but it was trial and error as there was no documentation at that point. I'll try to get some more testing and documentation done soon to hopefully improve things for everyone.  Widgets seem to have incredible flexibility for building your own GUI but the scripting is more complex than the other XML files in GAE.
That would be great man, I'd be so appreciative. I'm not very good at code stuff, so any help would be amazing. Figuring out what the extend of the widgets capabilities will be fun as soon as we know how to use it!  :O

Alternatively Silnarm might return and explain to us modders how it works!

Haven't seen Silnarm poke his head out for awhile now, hope he comes back soon! GAE board isn't the same without him.

anything