Author Topic: Transporting units unload on death  (Read 2082 times)

lazyanttu

Transporting units unload on death
« on: 4 February 2012, 01:10:39 »
I know I have been lately too excited about posting new feature requests (I hope it is not too bad manner), but I promise to calm down after this!

I don't know if this is already possible, if it is, please correct me!

Currently if transport is destroyed, all of the passengers die. That's completely fine and reasonable with regular transporting units. However, when manning towers or bunkers, it becomes little bit frustrating. In almost every rts if your defensive building (with garrison) is destroyed, they emerge from it unharmed. Because most defense-garrison strategies are useful, because the tower/bunker adds additional hp for the garrisoned units. However, now you must watch over the garrison and unload them just in the correct moment in order to max the effect of the defense building. And that is little but annoying :|.

Could there be added a special tag which would state if the units should die or emerge from the destroyed transport?

Zoythrus

Re: Transporting units unload on death
« Reply #1 on: 7 February 2012, 05:26:17 »
or better yet, what if i wanted my men to emerge from the rubble harmed, but alive? this feature should be a multiplier that dictates how much HP your men should have if their garrison is destroyed.

lazyanttu

Re: Transporting units unload on death
« Reply #2 on: 7 February 2012, 08:21:50 »
or better yet, what if i wanted my men to emerge from the rubble harmed, but alive? this feature should be a multiplier that dictates how much HP your men should have if their garrison is destroyed.

That's even better idea! :thumbup:

And if it could be even more expanded, how about an effect triggering upon destruction of transport? So there is some kind of effect. So the modder could choose for example that all units suffer from -50% movespeed for next 12 seconds or something like that.