Author Topic: OS X + MegaGlest 3.6.0.2: How to download techtrees?  (Read 2121 times)

hdesk

OS X + MegaGlest 3.6.0.2: How to download techtrees?
« on: 16 February 2012, 17:42:45 »
Hello i have try to install some game mods.

I was able to install all maps, but i could not install tech tree

the error is "FAILED to download the tech: [munchy] using CURL version 7.21.6

same error for all tech tree. Any suggest? Thanks

Edit (tomreyn): better title
« Last Edit: 18 February 2012, 02:10:17 by tomreyn »

tomreyn

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
    • MegaGlest - the free and open source cross platform 3D real-time strategy game
Re: question about megaglest 3.6.0.2 and techtree on macosx
« Reply #1 on: 17 February 2012, 02:26:49 »
Hi,
this is because the requirement of having 7zip available is not met.

The best way to fix this is to install MacPorts and, once this is done, open a temrinal window and type this:
Code: [Select]
port install p7zip
This should install 7zip globally and MegaGlest should then be able to find it without further configuration. Unfortunately I do not have a Mac here so I cannot test this.
atibox: Ryzen 1800X (8 cores @3.6GHz), 32 GB RAM, MSI Radeon RX 580 Gaming X 8G, PCI subsystem ID [1462:3417], (Radeon RX 580 chipset, POLARIS10) @3440x1440; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon (amdgpu) / mesa video driver
atibox (old): Core2Quad Q9400 (4 cores @2.66GHz), 8 GB RAM, XFX HD-467X-DDF2, PCI subsystem ID [1682:2931], (Radeon HD 4670, RV730 XT) @1680x1050; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon / mesa video driver
notebook: HP envy13d020ng
internet access: VDSL2+

· · · How YOU can contribute to MG · Latest development snapshot · How to build yourself · Megapack techtree · Currently hosted MG games · · ·

hdesk

Re: question about megaglest 3.6.0.2 and techtree on macosx
« Reply #2 on: 17 February 2012, 19:37:11 »
ok i could test and report if it works

hdesk

Re: OS X + MegaGlest 3.6.0.2: How to download techtrees?
« Reply #3 on: 18 February 2012, 14:28:27 »
at this moment i've problem with macport, i think i've  problem with xcode developement enviroments on mac

unofrtunally i doesnt know macosx well, i need to find some help about that, stay tuned

tomreyn

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
    • MegaGlest - the free and open source cross platform 3D real-time strategy game
« Reply #4 on: 22 February 2012, 15:59:29 »
Looking into this further I must admit the first solution I suggested is not too user friendly since it involves installing several requirements first.
I don't really have a fix at this time, your best bet is to wait for next release, which will probably come with a static build of 7-Zip included.

For those who need it, Weltall has kindly provided a static build of 7-Zip / p7zip (also mirrored on dl.megaglest.org). This should be version 9.20.1 which is the latest stable 7-Zip release at this time. Another option is to install Keka which usually includes a somewhat current static build of p7zip (the executable file is called keka7z).

But having 7-zip is just part of the game. You need to make MegaGlest find it. I assume (untested) this can be achieved by editing glestuser.ini (which I assume is stored at /Users/YOUR_OS_X_USERNAME_GOES_HERE/.megaglest/glestuser.ini) and adding the FileArchiveExtractCommand configuration option there, including the full path to where your p7zip binary is located. For example, if you installed Keka in Applications (such as by dragging + dropping the DMG there), you'd need to put something like this into glestuser.ini (don't hold me liable on this):
FileArchiveExtractCommand=/Applications/Keka.app/Contents/Resources/keka7z
But really, anybody who has (even less than myself) no idea what I'm talking about, should just wait for the next MegaGlest release to download techtrees from the Game Mods menu.
« Last Edit: 30 July 2017, 03:23:02 by filux »
atibox: Ryzen 1800X (8 cores @3.6GHz), 32 GB RAM, MSI Radeon RX 580 Gaming X 8G, PCI subsystem ID [1462:3417], (Radeon RX 580 chipset, POLARIS10) @3440x1440; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon (amdgpu) / mesa video driver
atibox (old): Core2Quad Q9400 (4 cores @2.66GHz), 8 GB RAM, XFX HD-467X-DDF2, PCI subsystem ID [1682:2931], (Radeon HD 4670, RV730 XT) @1680x1050; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon / mesa video driver

· · · How YOU can contribute to MG · Latest development snapshot · How to build yourself · Megapack techtree · Currently hosted MG games · · ·

hdesk

« Reply #5 on: 24 February 2012, 17:59:13 »
Looking into this further I must admit the first solution I suggested is not too user friendly since it involves installing several requirements first.
I don't really have a fix at this time, your best bet is to wait for next release, which will probably come with a static build of 7-Zip included.

For those who need it, Weltall has kindly provided a static build of 7-Zip / p7zip (also mirrored on dl.megaglest.org). This should be version 9.20.1 which is the latest stable 7-Zip release at this time. Another option is to install Keka which usually includes a somewhat current static build of p7zip (the executable file is called keka7z).

But having 7-zip is just part of the game. You need to make MegaGlest find it. I assume (untested) this can be achieved by editing glestuser.ini (which I assume is stored at /Users/YOUR_OS_X_USERNAME_GOES_HERE/.megaglest/glestuser.ini) and adding the FileArchiveExtractCommand configuration option there, including the full path to where your p7zip binary is located. For example, if you installed Keka in Applications (such as by dragging + dropping the DMG there), you'd need to put something like this into glestuser.ini (don't hold me liable on this):
FileArchiveExtractCommand=/Applications/Keka.app/Contents/Resources/keka7z
But really, anybody who has (even less than myself) no idea what I'm talking about, should just wait for the next MegaGlest release to download techtrees from the Game Mods menu.

hello , IT WORKS!

i've follow this steps

download of zipped package from mediafire
unzip
copied extracted folder in App folder
edited glestuser.ini finded in /Users/MYUSERNAME/.megaglest
FileArchiveExtractCommand=/Applications/p7zip/7z

great thanks for your help and for your nice work!

If you need tester on macosx tell me something!!

Bye

« Last Edit: 30 July 2017, 03:23:31 by filux »

tomreyn

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 24 February 2012, 21:56:43 »
Thanks for reporting back, it's good to know you could get it to work this way. Keep in mind that you should consider to undo the change to glestuser.ini when the next MegaGlest version is released, since this will probably come with 7-zip support embedded (and you can then uninstall the separate 7zip package).

hdesk

« Reply #7 on: 25 February 2012, 13:37:30 »
Thanks for reporting back, it's good to know you could get it to work this way. Keep in mind that you should consider to undo the change to glestuser.ini when the next MegaGlest version is released, since this will probably come with 7-zip support embedded (and you can then uninstall the separate 7zip package).

ok i'll delete the line when i will setup next release,

thanks!

tomreyn

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 29 April 2012, 11:48:58 »
For those of you having trouble with OS X and 3.6.0.2, such as techtree downloads failing, there's now a release of MegaGlest 3.6.0.3 for Mac OS X (which includes 7-zip), too. Enjoy, and thanks to Weltall for providing this build!

anything