Author Topic: New MegaGlest player here with a question...  (Read 1226 times)

goldenchocolate

New MegaGlest player here with a question...
« on: 12 April 2012, 05:48:11 »
So...it it just me or are the indians overpowered?  Like the title says, I'm new, so I may be completely off, but in my fews days of intense MegaGlest playing/learning, I've come to really like the Egyptians, and have established a general build which works very well against almost every other race against CPU (Mega) @ 4.9 (maximum).  But when against Indians...oh boy, it really seems as if there's nothing I can do.  I tried many different builds against them, and tried many different tricks/strategies, but they either don't work, or I simply can't do them (which, again, is very likely).

So can anybody help me out?  Or are indians really overpowered? (fire archers certainly are)

ALSO...on a side note, I noticed something while playing Persians...an Elephant with 20 kills can literally SOLO a small army.  Made me laugh :D

tomreyn

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
    • MegaGlest - the free and open source cross platform 3D real-time strategy game
Re: New MegaGlest player here with a question...
« Reply #1 on: 12 April 2012, 09:02:25 »
Hi and welcome goldenchocolate,

So...it it just me or are the indians overpowered?  Like the title says, I'm new, so I may be completely off, but in my fews days of intense MegaGlest playing/learning, I've come to really like the Egyptians, and have established a general build which works very well against almost every other race against CPU (Mega) @ 4.9 (maximum).  But when against Indians...oh boy, it really seems as if there's nothing I can do.  I tried many different builds against them, and tried many different tricks/strategies, but they either don't work, or I simply can't do them (which, again, is very likely).

So can anybody help me out?  Or are indians really overpowered? (fire archers certainly are)

I'd say indians are actually somewhat weak at the start (they have no defense buildings/units, just those four simple fighters), so if you attack them early you can have a good chance. This is a little harder against CPU, though, because when a CPU with > 1.0 resource multiplier (so the default CPU ultra/mega) plays them they create more units at the start than a human probably would (and could), due to their increased resources. On the other hand CPU is not good in placing beehives, so you can still take them down later in the game if you can handle the amount of units they produce. Fire archers are their other strength, but I wouldn't call those overpowered.

ALSO...on a side note, I noticed something while playing Persians...an Elephant with 20 kills can literally SOLO a small army.  Made me laugh :D

I know how it feels, I've been raided by elite elephants recently, too. ;-) Those are very strong indeed, and I'd say persian is the faction the CPU plays best, but they aren't very strong when the player has no resource multiplier (such as a human player).
atibox: Ryzen 1800X (8 cores @3.6GHz), 32 GB RAM, MSI Radeon RX 580 Gaming X 8G, PCI subsystem ID [1462:3417], (Radeon RX 580 chipset, POLARIS10) @3440x1440; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon (amdgpu) / mesa video driver
atibox (old): Core2Quad Q9400 (4 cores @2.66GHz), 8 GB RAM, XFX HD-467X-DDF2, PCI subsystem ID [1682:2931], (Radeon HD 4670, RV730 XT) @1680x1050; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon / mesa video driver
notebook: HP envy13d020ng
internet access: VDSL2+

· · · How YOU can contribute to MG · Latest development snapshot · How to build yourself · Megapack techtree · Currently hosted MG games · · ·

Coldfusionstorm

• Golem
    • View Profile
Re: New MegaGlest player here with a question...
« Reply #2 on: 12 April 2012, 13:54:46 »
Well, when playing with a multiplier of 4.9 Everything must seem overpowered lol

Srsly, How do you even survive that sort of a CPU? :S.
WiP Game developer.
I do danish translations.
"i break stuff"