Author Topic: GMAE(cause its makes more sense as an acronym and i always misspell game)  (Read 3177 times)

MoLAoS

• Ornithopter
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: 22 June 2012, 04:00:21 by MoLAoS »

victorj

Why do not you work it in MegaGlest? I think you will gain much more with it, you'll have a lot of work creating another fork. You can count on the dev of MG, much more I can not force you was just a tip, if you want to take your work "forward".

victorj

Right, I think you should take your work forward, but it was only a hint, because I think megaglest is already quite popular, you will also have to win your audience with this new fork. Also think only a few years for MG take to have resources of GAE Glest. Thanks  ;)

victorj

The Kingdom Building/Macro Strategy genre has like no competition now that Twisted Mill isn't active.

I do not want competition, I just wanted to completely contrary so obviously, I suggest you work on MG, because if we have more developers have more resources in a single game. I say this because I want a RTS game Glest engine in the best and MG has few developers.
« Last Edit: 7 June 2012, 03:12:45 by victorj »

victorj

Re: GMAE GUI
« Reply #4 on: 8 June 2012, 04:10:38 »
So I finally got a handle on the GUI enough to start making menus. Probably have some screenshots and a video up demonstrating the new stuff next week.

Currently I am doing the trade functions. You can trade 100 500 1000 or 2000 of any resource.
I added support for any number of rows for the resource bar and the unit bar also after I figured it out for the trade bar.

I might pass the code for multiple resource bar rows to the GAE team as soon as I am in a lull. Its only a couple lines of code. That should allow more extensive resource support.

Most of the resources in my game are going to be generated from buildings but I'll probably have 20 or so basic resources so I'll also be fixing the map editor to allow lots of unit placement.

This is very good, I used to dream about this in megaglest more castles more castles, and more resources...

victorj

More castles? Confused. But yes support for more resources. Since my game is gonna have like 100.
I say more buildings, more functions for each building, and ask what is the meaning of "GMAE"?
« Last Edit: 8 June 2012, 07:18:03 by victorj »

Psychedelic_hands

Great another fork.
I honestly can't understand why you can't just keep adding to the the GAE codebase. No one would be against doing what ever it is you want to do.

ElimiNator

• Airship
  • The MegaGlest Moder.
    • View Profile
GAE already has walls, are you forking from MG?
Get the Vbros': Packs 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5!