Author Topic: MegaGlest3.6.0.3 won't work on Windows XP with ATI Radeon 9200  (Read 2544 times)

tele

Hi!
I can't run Glest in Linux, I use zen-linux 32 bit gnome , like something pc-linux , mandriva
First I use djl manager for linux games and install Glest
And run Glest
libopenal.so.0  Not Found
Find library:
# apt-cache searchfile libopenal.so.0
copy library:
cp /usr/share/livestation/lib/libopenal.so.0 /usr/lib/libopenal.so.0

I run Glest, next error:
Code: [Select]
open /dev/[sound/]dsp: Device or resource busy
Exception: Couldn't open audio device.
OpenAL Vendor:

Karta dźwiękowa może być używana przez inny proces

I find only
http://www.pc-freak.net/blog/how-to-solve-alsa-sound-problems-with-old-linux-programs-and-games-depending-on-osss-devdsp-fix-wine-games-and-pulseaudio-problems-my-few-thoughts-on-oss-and-alsa/
but I can't resolve problem...  :(

I unpack new Glest from http://megaglest.org/download.html
Gnu/Linux 32bit Binaries (45.3 MB) + Data (192.8 MB)

I run from terminal (start_megaglest) :
gamedir [/home/gg/Pobrane/megaglest3.6.0.3_i386_linux_bin]
Looking for LDCONFIG []...
LDCONFIG environment variable is not set...
Found LDCONFIG in /sbin [/sbin/ldconfig]...
default library [/home/gg/Pobrane/megaglest3.6.0.3_i386_linux_bin/lib/libopenal.so.0] was found in [/usr/lib/libopenal.so.0]
default library [/home/gg/Pobrane/megaglest3.6.0.3_i386_linux_bin/lib/libdirectfb-1.0.so.0] is missing, attempting to find and link to a newer version if available...
new library link [/usr/lib/libdirectfb-1.4.so.0] pointed to from [/home/gg/Pobrane/megaglest3.6.0.3_i386_linux_bin/lib/libdirectfb-1.0.so.0]
default library [/home/gg/Pobrane/megaglest3.6.0.3_i386_linux_bin/lib/libfusion-1.0.so.0] is missing, attempting to find and link to a newer version if available...
new library link [/usr/lib/libfusion-1.4.so.0] pointed to from [/home/gg/Pobrane/megaglest3.6.0.3_i386_linux_bin/lib/libfusion-1.0.so.0]
default library [/home/gg/Pobrane/megaglest3.6.0.3_i386_linux_bin/lib/libdirect-1.0.so.0] is missing, attempting to find and link to a newer version if available...
new library link [/usr/lib/libdirect-1.4.so.0] pointed to from [/home/gg/Pobrane/megaglest3.6.0.3_i386_linux_bin/lib/libdirect-1.0.so.0]
default library [/home/gg/Pobrane/megaglest3.6.0.3_i386_linux_bin/lib/libjpeg.so.62] was found in [/usr/lib/libjpeg.so.62]
default library [/home/gg/Pobrane/megaglest3.6.0.3_i386_linux_bin/lib/libpng15.so.15] is missing, attempting to find and link to a newer version if available...
new library link [/usr/lib/libpng12.so.0] pointed to from [/home/gg/Pobrane/megaglest3.6.0.3_i386_linux_bin/lib/libpng15.so.15]
default library [/home/gg/Pobrane/megaglest3.6.0.3_i386_linux_bin/lib/libcurl.so.4] was found in [/usr/lib/libcurl.so.4]
default library [/home/gg/Pobrane/megaglest3.6.0.3_i386_linux_bin/lib/libxerces-c-3.1.so] is missing, attempting to find and link to a newer version if available...
default library [/home/gg/Pobrane/megaglest3.6.0.3_i386_linux_bin/lib/libicudata.so.38] is missing, attempting to find and link to a newer version if available...
new library link [/usr/lib/libicudata.so.44] pointed to from [/home/gg/Pobrane/megaglest3.6.0.3_i386_linux_bin/lib/libicudata.so.38]
default library [/home/gg/Pobrane/megaglest3.6.0.3_i386_linux_bin/lib/libicuuc.so.38] is missing, attempting to find and link to a newer version if available...
new library link [/usr/lib/libicuuc.so.44] pointed to from [/home/gg/Pobrane/megaglest3.6.0.3_i386_linux_bin/lib/libicuuc.so.38]
default library [/home/gg/Pobrane/megaglest3.6.0.3_i386_linux_bin/lib/libGLEW.so.1.5] was found in [/usr/lib/libGLEW.so.1.5]
default library [/home/gg/Pobrane/megaglest3.6.0.3_i386_linux_bin/lib/libGLEW.so.1.5] was found in [/usr/lib/libGLEW.so.1.5]
default library [/home/gg/Pobrane/megaglest3.6.0.3_i386_linux_bin/lib/libogg.so.0] was found in [/usr/lib/libogg.so.0]
default library [/home/gg/Pobrane/megaglest3.6.0.3_i386_linux_bin/lib/libvorbis.so.0] was found in [/usr/lib/libvorbis.so.0]
default library [/home/gg/Pobrane/megaglest3.6.0.3_i386_linux_bin/lib/libvorbisfile.so.3] was found in [/usr/lib/libvorbisfile.so.3]
default library [/home/gg/Pobrane/megaglest3.6.0.3_i386_linux_bin/lib/libfontconfig.so.1] was found in [/usr/lib/libfontconfig.so.1]
default library [/home/gg/Pobrane/megaglest3.6.0.3_i386_linux_bin/lib/libfreetype.so.6] was found in [/usr/lib/libfreetype.so.6]
default library [/home/gg/Pobrane/megaglest3.6.0.3_i386_linux_bin/lib/libgnutls.so.13] is missing, attempting to find and link to a newer version if available...
new library link [/usr/lib/libgnutls.so.26] pointed to from [/home/gg/Pobrane/megaglest3.6.0.3_i386_linux_bin/lib/libgnutls.so.13]
default library [/home/gg/Pobrane/megaglest3.6.0.3_i386_linux_bin/lib/libldap_r-2.4.so.2] was found in [/usr/lib/libldap_r-2.4.so.2]
default library [/home/gg/Pobrane/megaglest3.6.0.3_i386_linux_bin/lib/libresolv.so.2] was found in [/lib/libresolv.so.2]
default library [/home/gg/Pobrane/megaglest3.6.0.3_i386_linux_bin/lib/liblua5.1.so.0] is missing, attempting to find and link to a newer version if available...
new library link [/usr/lib/liblua.so.5.1] pointed to from [/home/gg/Pobrane/megaglest3.6.0.3_i386_linux_bin/lib/liblua5.1.so.0]
default library [/home/gg/Pobrane/megaglest3.6.0.3_i386_linux_bin/lib/libftgl.so.2] was found in [/usr/lib/libftgl.so.2]
default library [/home/gg/Pobrane/megaglest3.6.0.3_i386_linux_bin/lib/libircclient.so.1] is missing, attempting to find and link to a newer version if available...
default library [/home/gg/Pobrane/megaglest3.6.0.3_i386_linux_bin/lib/libdl.so.2] was found in [/lib/libdl.so.2]
./megaglest: /usr/lib/liblber-2.4.so.2: no version information available (required by ./megaglest)
./megaglest: /usr/lib/libldap_r-2.4.so.2: no version information available (required by ./megaglest)
megaglest v3.6.0.3
Compiled using: GNUC: 40204 on: Jan 24 2012 13:33:49
SVN: [Rev: 3080] - using STREFLOP
Language file NOT FOUND, can't open file: [/home/gg/Pobrane/megaglest3.6.0.3_i386_linux_bin//data/lang/english.lng] switching to default language: english
Error saved to logfile [/home/gg/.megaglest/error.log]
[2012-06-14 15:05:05] *ERROR* In [/home/softcoder/Code/megaglest/branches/release-3.6.0.3/source/glest_game/main/main.cpp::handleRuntimeError Line: 416] [File NOT FOUND, can't open file: [/home/gg/Pobrane/megaglest3.6.0.3_i386_linux_bin//data/lang/english.lng]] gameInitialized = 0, program = (nil)

I find something else
https://qa.mandriva.com/show_bug.cgi?id=47943
Where I can find glest.sh?

I install  megaglest .rpm
menu working , but not 3D. I have ati radeon 9200 and I have 3D driver.
error.log
[2012-06-14 17:36:41] Runtime Error information:
======================================================
In [/home/neal/src/rpm/BUILD/megaglest-3.6.0.3/source/glest_game/main/main.cpp::handleSIGSEGV Line: 652] Error detected: signal 11:

Stack Trace:
/usr/games/megaglest:Glest::Game::handleSIGSEGV(int) address [0x8225260] line: 0
[0xffffe400] address [0xffffe400] line: 0

glest.log
Log file

Core data
Tileset: Evergreen
TechTree: Megapack
Resource type: Energy
Resource type: Food
Resource type: Gold
Resource type: Housing
Resource type: Stone
Resource type: Wood
Faction type: Indian
Unit type: Archer
Unit type: Axe Indian
Unit type: Axe Thrower
Unit type: Beehive
Unit type: Bigtent
Unit type: Bull
Unit type: Campfire
Unit type: Fire Archer
Unit type: Firegolem
Unit type: Horsefarm
Unit type: Horseman
Unit type: Mainteepee
Unit type: Reed
Unit type: Roundtent
Unit type: Shaman
Unit type: Spearman
Unit type: Stickfighter
Unit type: Tent
Unit type: Thunderbird
Unit type: Totem
Unit type: Worker
Upgrade type: Bullfood
Upgrade type: Iron
Upgrade type: Iron Advanced
Upgrade type: Petroleum
Upgrade type: Stables
Upgrade type: Training Field
Faction type: Magic
Unit type: Archmage
Unit type: Archmage Tower
Unit type: Battlemage
Unit type: Behemoth
Unit type: Daemon
Unit type: Dragon
Unit type: Drake Rider
Unit type: Energy Source
Unit type: Evil Dragon
Unit type: Ghost Armor
Unit type: Golem
Unit type: Initiate
Unit type: Library
Unit type: Mage Tower
Unit type: Power Golem
Unit type: Summoner
Unit type: Summoner Guild
Unit type: Tower Of Souls
Unit type: Wicker Behemoth
Upgrade type: Ancient Summoning
Upgrade type: Dragon Call
Upgrade type: Energy Compression
Upgrade type: Energy Sharpening
Upgrade type: Golem Power
Upgrade type: Hell Gate
Scenario: 1 Very Basic Tutorial
Faction types
State cells
Unloading Map
Compute minimap surface
Creating AI for faction 1
Initializing renderer
Waiting for network players
Starting faction music
Launching game

this is when start the game from menu game (log from terminal)

$ ./megaglest
megaglest v3.6.0.3
Compiled using: GNUC: 40502 on: Apr 25 2012 16:31:50
SVN: [Rev: ] - using STREFLOP

[/home/neal/src/rpm/BUILD/megaglest-3.6.0.3/source/shared_lib/sources/graphics/gl/font_textFTGL.cpp::Render] Line 245 Error = 1286 [invalid framebuffer operation] for text [By wyłączyć muzykę podczas oczekiwania na graczy naciśnij  - "K"]

Mesa 7.11.2 implementation error: Unexpected texture format in radeon_update_wrapper()
Please report at bugs.freedesktop.org

In [/home/neal/src/rpm/BUILD/megaglest-3.6.0.3/source/glest_game/main/main.cpp::handleSIGSEGV Line: 652] Error detected: signal 11:
[2012-06-14 17:55:54] *ERROR* In [/home/neal/src/rpm/BUILD/megaglest-3.6.0.3/source/glest_game/main/main.cpp::handleRuntimeError Line: 416] [In [/home/neal/src/rpm/BUILD/megaglest-3.6.0.3/source/glest_game/main/main.cpp::handleSIGSEGV Line: 652] Error detected: signal 11:
] gameInitialized = 1, program = 0xa291f60
[2012-06-14 17:55:54] *ERROR* In [/home/neal/src/rpm/BUILD/megaglest-3.6.0.3/source/glest_game/main/main.cpp::handleRuntimeError Line: 509] [In [/home/neal/src/rpm/BUILD/megaglest-3.6.0.3/source/glest_game/main/main.cpp::handleSIGSEGV Line: 652] Error detected: signal 11:

Stack Trace:
./megaglest:Glest::Game::handleSIGSEGV(int) address [0x8225260] line: 0
]
Naruszenie ochrony pamięci
« Last Edit: 20 June 2012, 12:26:29 by tomreyn »

Omega

• MegaGlest Team
  • Dragon
  • Professional bug writer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Last Edit: 18 June 2016, 18:41:07 by filux »
Edit the MegaGlest wiki: http://docs.megaglest.org/

My personal projects: http://github.com/KatrinaHoffert

tele

Re: Error: megaglest3.6.0.3_i386_linux_bin//data/lang/english.lng
« Reply #2 on: 14 June 2012, 18:28:52 »
I disabled shadows in the config menu and etc.

softcoder

• MegaGlest Team
  • Battle Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14 June 2012, 20:49:59 »
You should install megaglest using the FULL Linux installer. Unpacking etc.. will not do everything required.

tele

« Reply #4 on: 15 June 2012, 05:00:31 »
Which FULL? Source code?  Linux installer ?

$ ./start_megaglest_configurator
./megaglest_configurator: error while loading shared libraries: libwx_gtk2u_gl-2.8.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[gg@localhost Gry]$ ./start_megaglest
gamedir [/home/gg/Gry]
default library [/home/gg/Gry/lib/libopenal.so.0] was found in [/usr/lib/libopenal.so.0]
default library [/home/gg/Gry/lib/libdirectfb-1.0.so.0] is missing, attempting to find and link to a newer version if available...
new library link [/usr/lib/libdirectfb-1.4.so.0] pointed to from [/home/gg/Gry/lib/libdirectfb-1.0.so.0]
ln: nie udało się utworzyć dowiązania symbolicznego `/home/gg/Gry/lib/libdirectfb-1.0.so.0': Brak dostępu
default library [/home/gg/Gry/lib/libfusion-1.0.so.0] is missing, attempting to find and link to a newer version if available...
new library link [/usr/lib/libfusion-1.4.so.0] pointed to from [/home/gg/Gry/lib/libfusion-1.0.so.0]
ln: nie udało się utworzyć dowiązania symbolicznego `/home/gg/Gry/lib/libfusion-1.0.so.0': Brak dostępu
default library [/home/gg/Gry/lib/libdirect-1.0.so.0] is missing, attempting to find and link to a newer version if available...
new library link [/usr/lib/libdirect-1.4.so.0] pointed to from [/home/gg/Gry/lib/libdirect-1.0.so.0]
ln: nie udało się utworzyć dowiązania symbolicznego `/home/gg/Gry/lib/libdirect-1.0.so.0': Brak dostępu
default library [/home/gg/Gry/lib/libjpeg.so.62] was found in [/usr/lib/libjpeg.so.62]
default library [/home/gg/Gry/lib/libpng15.so.15] is missing, attempting to find and link to a newer version if available...
new library link [/usr/lib/libpng12.so.0] pointed to from [/home/gg/Gry/lib/libpng15.so.15]
ln: nie udało się utworzyć dowiązania symbolicznego `/home/gg/Gry/lib/libpng15.so.15': Brak dostępu
default library [/home/gg/Gry/lib/libcurl.so.4] was found in [/usr/lib/libcurl.so.4]
default library [/home/gg/Gry/lib/libxerces-c-3.1.so] was found in [/usr/lib/libxerces-c-3.1.so]
default library [/home/gg/Gry/lib/libicudata.so.38] is missing, attempting to find and link to a newer version if available...
new library link [/usr/lib/libicudata.so.44] pointed to from [/home/gg/Gry/lib/libicudata.so.38]
ln: nie udało się utworzyć dowiązania symbolicznego `/home/gg/Gry/lib/libicudata.so.38': Brak dostępu
default library [/home/gg/Gry/lib/libicuuc.so.38] is missing, attempting to find and link to a newer version if available...
new library link [/usr/lib/libicuuc.so.44] pointed to from [/home/gg/Gry/lib/libicuuc.so.38]
ln: nie udało się utworzyć dowiązania symbolicznego `/home/gg/Gry/lib/libicuuc.so.38': Brak dostępu
default library [/home/gg/Gry/lib/libGLEW.so.1.5] was found in [/usr/lib/libGLEW.so.1.5]
default library [/home/gg/Gry/lib/libGLEW.so.1.5] was found in [/usr/lib/libGLEW.so.1.5]
default library [/home/gg/Gry/lib/libogg.so.0] was found in [/usr/lib/libogg.so.0]
default library [/home/gg/Gry/lib/libvorbis.so.0] was found in [/usr/lib/libvorbis.so.0]
default library [/home/gg/Gry/lib/libvorbisfile.so.3] was found in [/usr/lib/libvorbisfile.so.3]
default library [/home/gg/Gry/lib/libfontconfig.so.1] was found in [/usr/lib/libfontconfig.so.1]
default library [/home/gg/Gry/lib/libfreetype.so.6] was found in [/usr/lib/libfreetype.so.6]
default library [/home/gg/Gry/lib/libgnutls.so.13] is missing, attempting to find and link to a newer version if available...
new library link [/usr/lib/libgnutls.so.26] pointed to from [/home/gg/Gry/lib/libgnutls.so.13]
ln: nie można usunąć `/home/gg/Gry/lib/libgnutls.so.13': Brak dostępu
default library [/home/gg/Gry/lib/libldap_r-2.4.so.2] was found in [/usr/lib/libldap_r-2.4.so.2]
default library [/home/gg/Gry/lib/libresolv.so.2] was found in [/lib/libresolv.so.2]
default library [/home/gg/Gry/lib/liblua5.1.so.0] is missing, attempting to find and link to a newer version if available...
new library link [/usr/lib/liblua.so.5.1] pointed to from [/home/gg/Gry/lib/liblua5.1.so.0]
ln: nie udało się utworzyć dowiązania symbolicznego `/home/gg/Gry/lib/liblua5.1.so.0': Brak dostępu
default library [/home/gg/Gry/lib/libftgl.so.2] was found in [/usr/lib/libftgl.so.2]
default library [/home/gg/Gry/lib/libircclient.so.1] is missing, attempting to find and link to a newer version if available...
default library [/home/gg/Gry/lib/libdl.so.2] was found in [/lib/libdl.so.2]
./megaglest: /usr/lib/liblber-2.4.so.2: no version information available (required by ./megaglest)
./megaglest: /usr/lib/libldap_r-2.4.so.2: no version information available (required by ./megaglest)
megaglest v3.6.0.3
Mesa 7.11.2 implementation error: Unexpected texture format in radeon_update_wrapper()
open /dev/[sound/]dsp: Urządzenie lub zasoby zajęte
[2012-06-15 08:19:44] *ERROR* In [/home/softcoder/Code/megaglest/branches/release-3.6.0.3/source/shared_lib/sources/sound/openal/sound_player_openal.cpp::init Line: 396] Error [Couldn't open audio device.]
OpenAL Vendor: (null)
OpenAL Version: (null)
OpenAL Renderer: (null)
OpenAL Extensions: (null)

In [/home/softcoder/Code/megaglest/branches/release-3.6.0.3/source/glest_game/main/main.cpp::handleSIGSEGV Line: 652] Error detected: signal 11:
[2012-06-15 08:22:35] *ERROR* In [/home/softcoder/Code/megaglest/branches/release-3.6.0.3/source/glest_game/main/main.cpp::handleRuntimeError Line: 416] [In [/home/softcoder/Code/megaglest/branches/release-3.6.0.3/source/glest_game/main/main.cpp::handleSIGSEGV Line: 652] Error detected: signal 11:
] gameInitialized = 1, program = 0x9f41650
[2012-06-15 08:22:37] *ERROR* In [/home/softcoder/Code/megaglest/branches/release-3.6.0.3/source/glest_game/main/main.cpp::handleRuntimeError Line: 509] [In [/home/softcoder/Code/megaglest/branches/release-3.6.0.3/source/glest_game/main/main.cpp::handleSIGSEGV Line: 652] Error detected: signal 11:

Stack Trace:
./megaglest:Glest::Game::handleSIGSEGV(int) address [0x8349cfd] line: 657
]
./start_megaglest: line 265: 13398 Naruszenie ochrony pamięci   ./megaglest $@
[gg@localhost Gry]$

So, I install  libwx_gtk2u_gl-2.8 for megaglest_configurator,
but this is the same with game

In [/home/softcoder/Code/megaglest/branches/release-3.6.0.3/source/glest_game/main/main.cpp::handleSIGSEGV Line: 652] Error detected: signal 11:
[2012-06-15 08:44:20] *ERROR* In [/home/softcoder/Code/megaglest/branches/release-3.6.0.3/source/glest_game/main/main.cpp::handleRuntimeError Line: 416] [In [/home/softcoder/Code/megaglest/branches/release-3.6.0.3/source/glest_game/main/main.cpp::handleSIGSEGV Line: 652] Error detected: signal 11:
] gameInitialized = 1, program = 0x9f3a660
[2012-06-15 08:44:21] *ERROR* In [/home/softcoder/Code/megaglest/branches/release-3.6.0.3/source/glest_game/main/main.cpp::handleRuntimeError Line: 509] [In [/home/softcoder/Code/megaglest/branches/release-3.6.0.3/source/glest_game/main/main.cpp::handleSIGSEGV Line: 652] Error detected: signal 11:

Stack Trace:
]
./start_megaglest: line 265: 16021 Naruszenie ochrony pamięci   ./megaglest $@

tihis is when I try change shader , etc. in  config menu game.
#./start_megaglest
gamedir [/home/gg/Gry]
Found LDCONFIG using which [/sbin/ldconfig]...
default library [/home/gg/Gry/lib/libopenal.so.0] was found in [/usr/lib/libopenal.so.0]
default library [/home/gg/Gry/lib/libdirectfb-1.0.so.0] is missing, attempting to find and link to a newer version if available...
new library link [/usr/lib/libdirectfb-1.4.so.0] pointed to from [/home/gg/Gry/lib/libdirectfb-1.0.so.0]
default library [/home/gg/Gry/lib/libfusion-1.0.so.0] is missing, attempting to find and link to a newer version if available...
new library link [/usr/lib/libfusion-1.4.so.0] pointed to from [/home/gg/Gry/lib/libfusion-1.0.so.0]
default library [/home/gg/Gry/lib/libdirect-1.0.so.0] is missing, attempting to find and link to a newer version if available...
new library link [/usr/lib/libdirect-1.4.so.0] pointed to from [/home/gg/Gry/lib/libdirect-1.0.so.0]
default library [/home/gg/Gry/lib/libjpeg.so.62] was found in [/usr/lib/libjpeg.so.62]
default library [/home/gg/Gry/lib/libpng15.so.15] is missing, attempting to find and link to a newer version if available...
new library link [/usr/lib/libpng12.so.0] pointed to from [/home/gg/Gry/lib/libpng15.so.15]
default library [/home/gg/Gry/lib/libcurl.so.4] was found in [/usr/lib/libcurl.so.4]
default library [/home/gg/Gry/lib/libxerces-c-3.1.so] was found in [/usr/lib/libxerces-c-3.1.so]
default library [/home/gg/Gry/lib/libicudata.so.38] is missing, attempting to find and link to a newer version if available...
new library link [/usr/lib/libicudata.so.44] pointed to from [/home/gg/Gry/lib/libicudata.so.38]
default library [/home/gg/Gry/lib/libicuuc.so.38] is missing, attempting to find and link to a newer version if available...
new library link [/usr/lib/libicuuc.so.44] pointed to from [/home/gg/Gry/lib/libicuuc.so.38]
default library [/home/gg/Gry/lib/libogg.so.0] was found in [/usr/lib/libogg.so.0]
default library [/home/gg/Gry/lib/libvorbis.so.0] was found in [/usr/lib/libvorbis.so.0]
default library [/home/gg/Gry/lib/libvorbisfile.so.3] was found in [/usr/lib/libvorbisfile.so.3]
default library [/home/gg/Gry/lib/libfontconfig.so.1] was found in [/usr/lib/libfontconfig.so.1]
default library [/home/gg/Gry/lib/libfreetype.so.6] was found in [/usr/lib/libfreetype.so.6]
default library [/home/gg/Gry/lib/libgnutls.so.13] is missing, attempting to find and link to a newer version if available...
new library link [/usr/lib/libgnutls.so.26] pointed to from [/home/gg/Gry/lib/libgnutls.so.13]
default library [/home/gg/Gry/lib/libldap_r-2.4.so.2] was found in [/usr/lib/libldap_r-2.4.so.2]
default library [/home/gg/Gry/lib/libresolv.so.2] was found in [/lib/libresolv.so.2]
default library [/home/gg/Gry/lib/liblua5.1.so.0] is missing, attempting to find and link to a newer version if available...
new library link [/usr/lib/liblua.so.5.1] pointed to from [/home/gg/Gry/lib/liblua5.1.so.0]
default library [/home/gg/Gry/lib/libftgl.so.2] was found in [/usr/lib/libftgl.so.2]
default library [/home/gg/Gry/lib/libircclient.so.1] is missing, attempting to find and link to a newer version if available...
megaglest v3.6.0.3
Auto setting language [pl]
[2012-06-15 08:48:56] *ERROR* In [/home/softcoder/Code/megaglest/branches/release-3.6.0.3/source/shared_lib/sources/sound/openal/sound_player_openal.cpp::init Line: 396] Error [Couldn't open audio device.]
openalc error [/home/softcoder/Code/megaglest/branches/release-3.6.0.3/source/shared_lib/sources/sound/openal/sound_player_openal.cpp end 440 [ALC_INVALID_DEVICE]]
[2012-06-15 08:51:31] *ERROR* In [window.cpp::handleEvent Line: 334] (a2) Couldn't process event: [/home/softcoder/Code/megaglest/branches/release-3.6.0.3/source/shared_lib/sources/sound/openal/sound_player_openal.cpp end 440 [ALC_INVALID_DEVICE]] codeLocation = f
Error saved to logfile [/root/.megaglest/error.log]
[2012-06-15 08:51:31] *ERROR* In [/home/softcoder/Code/megaglest/branches/release-3.6.0.3/source/glest_game/main/main.cpp::handleRuntimeError Line: 416] [/home/softcoder/Code/megaglest/branches/release-3.6.0.3/source/shared_lib/sources/sound/openal/sound_player_openal.cpp end 440 [ALC_INVALID_DEVICE]] gameInitialized = 1, program = 0x9cba7f8
[2012-06-15 08:51:39] *ERROR* In [/home/softcoder/Code/megaglest/branches/release-3.6.0.3/source/glest_game/main/main.cpp::handleRuntimeError Line: 509] [/home/softcoder/Code/megaglest/branches/release-3.6.0.3/source/shared_lib/sources/sound/openal/sound_player_openal.cpp end 440 [ALC_INVALID_DEVICE]
Stack Trace:
./megaglest:Glest::Game::glestMain(int, char**) address [0x834e978] line: 3677
./megaglest:Glest::Game::glestMainWrapper(int, char**) address [0x8358580] line: 3786
./megaglest:main() address [0x83586da] line: 3806
/lib/i686/libc.so.6:__libc_start_main() address [0xb7065df6] line: 0
./megaglest() [0x81f1681] address [0x81f1681] line: 0
]

** Already in error handler, msg [In [/home/softcoder/Code/megaglest/branches/release-3.6.0.3/source/glest_game/main/main.cpp::handleSIGSEGV Line: 652] Error detected: signal 11:
]
./start_megaglest: line 265: 16995 Przerwane               ./megaglest $@

Compile source game?  I don't know, how.
« Last Edit: 16 June 2012, 11:37:36 by tele »

softcoder

• MegaGlest Team
  • Battle Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 15 June 2012, 14:42:02 »
Why are you running configurator (which is now deprecated and removed in future versions) when no-one told you to run that? Why did you not just run the program after installing it? Why are you changing settings in the first place?

tele

« Reply #6 on: 15 June 2012, 16:09:10 »
Why are you running configurator?
accident
I try to run the game as possible.
Why did you not just run the program after installing it?
Because, not working after installing ?
Why are you changing settings in the first place?
You can not see, but this is second place and
when you example disabled shader , game must working better,
yes?

softcoder

• MegaGlest Team
  • Battle Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 15 June 2012, 19:57:13 »
No, just install the game, then run: ./start_megaglest

Thats it.

If you have problems give proper details (as mentioned in the sticky post above regarding how to post problems)

tele

« Reply #8 on: 16 June 2012, 11:36:44 »
sorry

When full enabled in config menu, game not loading texture etc.
$ ./start_megaglest
gamedir [/home/gg/Gry]
ln: nie można usunąć `/home/gg/Gry/lib/libdirectfb-1.0.so.0': Brak dostępu
ln: nie można usunąć `/home/gg/Gry/lib/libfusion-1.0.so.0': Brak dostępu
ln: nie można usunąć `/home/gg/Gry/lib/libdirect-1.0.so.0': Brak dostępu
ln: nie można usunąć `/home/gg/Gry/lib/libpng15.so.15': Brak dostępu
ln: nie można usunąć `/home/gg/Gry/lib/libicudata.so.38': Brak dostępu
ln: nie można usunąć `/home/gg/Gry/lib/libicuuc.so.38': Brak dostępu
ln: nie można usunąć `/home/gg/Gry/lib/liblua5.1.so.0': Brak dostępu
megaglest v3.6.0.3
[2012-06-16 13:23:53] *ERROR* In [/home/softcoder/Code/megaglest/branches/release-3.6.0.3/source/glest_game/menu/menu_state_custom_game.cpp::render 1880] Error detected:
OpenGL error #1286 [0x506] : [invalid framebuffer operation] at file: [/home/softcoder/Code/megaglest/branches/release-3.6.0.3/source/glest_game/graphics/renderer.cpp], line: 7809
[2012-06-16 13:23:53] *ERROR* In [/home/softcoder/Code/megaglest/branches/release-3.6.0.3/source/glest_game/menu/menu_state_custom_game.cpp::update 2530] Error detected:
OpenGL error #1286 [0x506] : [invalid framebuffer operation] at file: [/home/softcoder/Code/megaglest/branches/release-3.6.0.3/source/shared_lib/sources/graphics/gl/texture_gl.cpp], line: 763
[2012-06-16 13:23:53] *ERROR* In [/home/softcoder/Code/megaglest/branches/release-3.6.0.3/source/glest_game/main/main.cpp::handleRuntimeError Line: 416] [OpenGL error #1286 [0x506] : [invalid framebuffer operation] at file: [/home/softcoder/Code/megaglest/branches/release-3.6.0.3/source/glest_game/graphics/renderer.cpp], line: 500] gameInitialized = 1, program = 0xa1eb660
[2012-06-16 13:24:01] *ERROR* In [/home/softcoder/Code/megaglest/branches/release-3.6.0.3/source/glest_game/main/main.cpp::handleRuntimeError Line: 509] [OpenGL error #1286 [0x506] : [invalid framebuffer operation] at file: [/home/softcoder/Code/megaglest/branches/release-3.6.0.3/source/glest_game/graphics/renderer.cpp], line: 500
Stack Trace:
./megaglest:Glest::Game::glestMainWrapper(int, char**) address [0x8358580] line: 3786
/lib/i686/libc.so.6:__libc_start_main() address [0xb706ddf6] line: 0
]
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
  what():  OpenGL error #1286 [0x506] : [invalid framebuffer operation] at file: [/home/softcoder/Code/megaglest/branches/release-3.6.0.3/source/glest_game/graphics/renderer.cpp], line: 500
./start_megaglest: line 265: 17637 Przerwane               ./megaglest $@
[gg@localhost Gry]$

When in config menu disabled , game loading texture and crash when initialize game
$ ./start_megaglest
gamedir [/home/gg/Gry]
ln: nie można usunąć `/home/gg/Gry/lib/libdirectfb-1.0.so.0': Brak dostępu
ln: nie można usunąć `/home/gg/Gry/lib/libfusion-1.0.so.0': Brak dostępu
ln: nie można usunąć `/home/gg/Gry/lib/libdirect-1.0.so.0': Brak dostępu
ln: nie można usunąć `/home/gg/Gry/lib/libpng15.so.15': Brak dostępu
ln: nie można usunąć `/home/gg/Gry/lib/libicudata.so.38': Brak dostępu
ln: nie można usunąć `/home/gg/Gry/lib/libicuuc.so.38': Brak dostępu
ln: nie można usunąć `/home/gg/Gry/lib/liblua5.1.so.0': Brak dostępu
megaglest v3.6.0.3
[2012-06-16 13:30:37] *ERROR* In [/home/softcoder/Code/megaglest/branches/release-3.6.0.3/source/glest_game/main/main.cpp::handleRuntimeError Line: 416] [In [/home/softcoder/Code/megaglest/branches/release-3.6.0.3/source/glest_game/main/main.cpp::handleSIGSEGV Line: 652] Error detected: signal 11:
] gameInitialized = 1, program = 0xa24f660
[2012-06-16 13:30:38] *ERROR* In [/home/softcoder/Code/megaglest/branches/release-3.6.0.3/source/glest_game/main/main.cpp::handleRuntimeError Line: 509] [In [/home/softcoder/Code/megaglest/branches/release-3.6.0.3/source/glest_game/main/main.cpp::handleSIGSEGV Line: 652] Error detected: signal 11:

Stack Trace:
]
./start_megaglest: line 265: 18568 Naruszenie ochrony pamięci   ./megaglest $@
[gg@localhost Gry]$

I removed the libopenal.so.0 , because I had not previously
( I have only libopenal.so.1.13.0 and link libopenal.so.1)
Then I installed a new (again)
The installation is successful
start game
$ ./start_megaglest
gamedir [/home/gg/gry2]
default library [/home/gg/gry2/lib/libopenal.so.0] was found in [/usr/lib/libopenal.so.0]
default library [/home/gg/gry2/lib/libdirectfb-1.0.so.0] is missing, attempting to find and link to a newer version if available...
new library link [/usr/lib/libdirectfb-1.4.so.0] pointed to from [/home/gg/gry2/lib/libdirectfb-1.0.so.0]
default library [/home/gg/gry2/lib/libfusion-1.0.so.0] is missing, attempting to find and link to a newer version if available...
new library link [/usr/lib/libfusion-1.4.so.0] pointed to from [/home/gg/gry2/lib/libfusion-1.0.so.0]
default library [/home/gg/gry2/lib/libdirect-1.0.so.0] is missing, attempting to find and link to a newer version if available...
new library link [/usr/lib/libdirect-1.4.so.0] pointed to from [/home/gg/gry2/lib/libdirect-1.0.so.0]
default library [/home/gg/gry2/lib/libjpeg.so.62] was found in [/usr/lib/libjpeg.so.62]
default library [/home/gg/gry2/lib/libpng15.so.15] is missing, attempting to find and link to a newer version if available...
new library link [/usr/lib/libpng12.so.0] pointed to from [/home/gg/gry2/lib/libpng15.so.15]
default library [/home/gg/gry2/lib/libcurl.so.4] was found in [/usr/lib/libcurl.so.4]
default library [/home/gg/gry2/lib/libxerces-c-3.1.so] was found in [/usr/lib/libxerces-c-3.1.so]
default library [/home/gg/gry2/lib/libicudata.so.38] is missing, attempting to find and link to a newer version if available...
new library link [/usr/lib/libicudata.so.44] pointed to from [/home/gg/gry2/lib/libicudata.so.38]
default library [/home/gg/gry2/lib/libicuuc.so.38] is missing, attempting to find and link to a newer version if available...
new library link [/usr/lib/libicuuc.so.44] pointed to from [/home/gg/gry2/lib/libicuuc.so.38]
default library [/home/gg/gry2/lib/libGLEW.so.1.5] was found in [/usr/lib/libGLEW.so.1.5]
default library [/home/gg/gry2/lib/libGLEW.so.1.5] was found in [/usr/lib/libGLEW.so.1.5]
default library [/home/gg/gry2/lib/libogg.so.0] was found in [/usr/lib/libogg.so.0]
default library [/home/gg/gry2/lib/libvorbis.so.0] was found in [/usr/lib/libvorbis.so.0]
default library [/home/gg/gry2/lib/libvorbisfile.so.3] was found in [/usr/lib/libvorbisfile.so.3]
default library [/home/gg/gry2/lib/libfontconfig.so.1] was found in [/usr/lib/libfontconfig.so.1]
default library [/home/gg/gry2/lib/libfreetype.so.6] was found in [/usr/lib/libfreetype.so.6]
default library [/home/gg/gry2/lib/libgnutls.so.13] is missing, attempting to find and link to a newer version if available...
new library link [/usr/lib/libgnutls.so.26] pointed to from [/home/gg/gry2/lib/libgnutls.so.13]
default library [/home/gg/gry2/lib/libldap_r-2.4.so.2] was found in [/usr/lib/libldap_r-2.4.so.2]
default library [/home/gg/gry2/lib/libresolv.so.2] was found in [/lib/libresolv.so.2]
default library [/home/gg/gry2/lib/liblua5.1.so.0] is missing, attempting to find and link to a newer version if available...
new library link [/usr/lib/liblua.so.5.1] pointed to from [/home/gg/gry2/lib/liblua5.1.so.0]
default library [/home/gg/gry2/lib/libftgl.so.2] was found in [/usr/lib/libftgl.so.2]
default library [/home/gg/gry2/lib/libircclient.so.1] is missing, attempting to find and link to a newer version if available...
default library [/home/gg/gry2/lib/libdl.so.2] was found in [/lib/libdl.so.2]
./megaglest: error while loading shared libraries: libopenal.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[gg@localhost gry2]$

with openal , not textured loaded, I click only "custom game" and exit
[gg@localhost gry2]$ ./start_megaglest
gamedir [/home/gg/gry2]
default library [/home/gg/gry2/lib/libopenal.so.0] was found in [/usr/lib/libopenal.so.0]
default library [/home/gg/gry2/lib/libdirectfb-1.0.so.0] is missing, attempting to find and link to a newer version if available...
new library link [/usr/lib/libdirectfb-1.4.so.0] pointed to from [/home/gg/gry2/lib/libdirectfb-1.0.so.0]
default library [/home/gg/gry2/lib/libfusion-1.0.so.0] is missing, attempting to find and link to a newer version if available...
new library link [/usr/lib/libfusion-1.4.so.0] pointed to from [/home/gg/gry2/lib/libfusion-1.0.so.0]
default library [/home/gg/gry2/lib/libdirect-1.0.so.0] is missing, attempting to find and link to a newer version if available...
new library link [/usr/lib/libdirect-1.4.so.0] pointed to from [/home/gg/gry2/lib/libdirect-1.0.so.0]
default library [/home/gg/gry2/lib/libjpeg.so.62] was found in [/usr/lib/libjpeg.so.62]
default library [/home/gg/gry2/lib/libpng15.so.15] is missing, attempting to find and link to a newer version if available...
new library link [/usr/lib/libpng12.so.0] pointed to from [/home/gg/gry2/lib/libpng15.so.15]
default library [/home/gg/gry2/lib/libcurl.so.4] was found in [/usr/lib/libcurl.so.4]
default library [/home/gg/gry2/lib/libxerces-c-3.1.so] was found in [/usr/lib/libxerces-c-3.1.so]
default library [/home/gg/gry2/lib/libicudata.so.38] is missing, attempting to find and link to a newer version if available...
new library link [/usr/lib/libicudata.so.44] pointed to from [/home/gg/gry2/lib/libicudata.so.38]
default library [/home/gg/gry2/lib/libicuuc.so.38] is missing, attempting to find and link to a newer version if available...
new library link [/usr/lib/libicuuc.so.44] pointed to from [/home/gg/gry2/lib/libicuuc.so.38]
default library [/home/gg/gry2/lib/libogg.so.0] was found in [/usr/lib/libogg.so.0]
default library [/home/gg/gry2/lib/libvorbis.so.0] was found in [/usr/lib/libvorbis.so.0]
default library [/home/gg/gry2/lib/libvorbisfile.so.3] was found in [/usr/lib/libvorbisfile.so.3]
default library [/home/gg/gry2/lib/libfontconfig.so.1] was found in [/usr/lib/libfontconfig.so.1]
default library [/home/gg/gry2/lib/libfreetype.so.6] was found in [/usr/lib/libfreetype.so.6]
default library [/home/gg/gry2/lib/libgnutls.so.13] is missing, attempting to find and link to a newer version if available...
new library link [/usr/lib/libgnutls.so.26] pointed to from [/home/gg/gry2/lib/libgnutls.so.13]
default library [/home/gg/gry2/lib/libldap_r-2.4.so.2] was found in [/usr/lib/libldap_r-2.4.so.2]
default library [/home/gg/gry2/lib/libresolv.so.2] was found in [/lib/libresolv.so.2]
default library [/home/gg/gry2/lib/liblua5.1.so.0] is missing, attempting to find and link to a newer version if available...
new library link [/usr/lib/liblua.so.5.1] pointed to from [/home/gg/gry2/lib/liblua5.1.so.0]
default library [/home/gg/gry2/lib/libftgl.so.2] was found in [/usr/lib/libftgl.so.2]
default library [/home/gg/gry2/lib/libircclient.so.1] is missing, attempting to find and link to a newer version if available...
./megaglest: error while loading shared libraries: libopenal.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[gg@localhost gry2]$ apt-cache searchfile libopenal.so.0libdirectfb-1.0.so.0
[gg@localhost gry2]$ cp /usr/share/livestation/lib/libopenal.so.0 /usr/lib/libopenal.so.0
cp: nie można utworzyć zwykłego pliku `/usr/lib/libopenal.so.0': Brak dostępu
[gg@localhost gry2]$ cp /usr/share/livestation/lib/libopenal.so.0 /usr/lib/libopenal.so.0
cp: nie można utworzyć zwykłego pliku `/usr/lib/libopenal.so.0': Brak dostępu
[gg@localhost gry2]$ su
Password:
[root@localhost gry2]#cp /usr/share/livestation/lib/libopenal.so.0 /usr/lib/libopenal.so.0
[root@localhost gry2]#./start_megaglest
gamedir [/home/gg/gry2]
Found LDCONFIG using which [/sbin/ldconfig]...
megaglest v3.6.0.3
[2012-06-16 14:25:11] *ERROR* In [/home/softcoder/Code/megaglest/branches/release-3.6.0.3/source/shared_lib/sources/sound/openal/sound_player_openal.cpp::init Line: 396] Error [Couldn't open audio device.]
[2012-06-16 14:25:52] *ERROR* In [/home/softcoder/Code/megaglest/branches/release-3.6.0.3/source/glest_game/menu/menu_state_custom_game.cpp::render 1880] Error detected:
OpenGL error #1286 [0x506] : [invalid framebuffer operation] at file: [/home/softcoder/Code/megaglest/branches/release-3.6.0.3/source/glest_game/graphics/renderer.cpp], line: 7809
[2012-06-16 14:25:52] *ERROR* In [/home/softcoder/Code/megaglest/branches/release-3.6.0.3/source/glest_game/menu/menu_state_custom_game.cpp::update 2530] Error detected:
OpenGL error #1286 [0x506] : [invalid framebuffer operation] at file: [/home/softcoder/Code/megaglest/branches/release-3.6.0.3/source/shared_lib/sources/graphics/gl/texture_gl.cpp], line: 763
Error saved to logfile [/root/.megaglest/error.log]
[2012-06-16 14:25:52] *ERROR* In [/home/softcoder/Code/megaglest/branches/release-3.6.0.3/source/glest_game/main/main.cpp::handleRuntimeError Line: 416] [OpenGL error #1286 [0x506] : [invalid framebuffer operation] at file: [/home/softcoder/Code/megaglest/branches/release-3.6.0.3/source/glest_game/graphics/renderer.cpp], line: 500] gameInitialized = 1, program = 0x9aee6c8
[2012-06-16 14:25:59] *ERROR* In [/home/softcoder/Code/megaglest/branches/release-3.6.0.3/source/glest_game/main/main.cpp::handleRuntimeError Line: 509] [OpenGL error #1286 [0x506] : [invalid framebuffer operation] at file: [/home/softcoder/Code/megaglest/branches/release-3.6.0.3/source/glest_game/graphics/renderer.cpp], line: 500
Stack Trace:
/lib/i686/libc.so.6:__libc_start_main() address [0xb719bdf6] line: 0
]
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
  what():  OpenGL error #1286 [0x506] : [invalid framebuffer operation] at file: [/home/softcoder/Code/megaglest/branches/release-3.6.0.3/source/glest_game/graphics/renderer.cpp], line: 500
./start_megaglest: line 265: 24648 Przerwane               ./megaglest $@
« Last Edit: 16 June 2012, 13:34:55 by tele »

titi

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
    • http://www.titusgames.de
« Reply #9 on: 16 June 2012, 16:06:56 »
I think a ATI 9200 cannto run MegaGlest. This card is a very low budget card from 2003 and will not be able to handle megaglest.
compared to a geforce 5200 its slower and this card is not enough. I bet you have a CPU of this time too which will also not be able to handle this game. Sorry, but please upgrade your hardware to play.
Try Megaglest! Improved Engine / New factions / New tilesets / New maps / New scenarios

tele

« Reply #10 on: 16 June 2012, 19:28:34 »
I think a ATI 9200 cannto run MegaGlest.
I thing , you're right.
In win.  not working too. ( megaglest 3.6.0.3)
Picture:
http://postimage.org/image/oj07ibao3/

but [big] Glest 3.2.2 working, when the shadows are disabled .[/big]
( this have some error with spanish and other language, but ok )

So , I can play in Glest 3.2.2
but how I can install  Glest without this error in Linux ?

open /dev/[sound/]dsp: Device or resource busy
Exception: Couldn't open audio device.
OpenAL Vendor:

Karta dźwiękowa może być używana przez inny proces

I have off music , I can't kill proces pulse audio. Maybe in next day I find  where off and on pulse audio.
« Last Edit: 16 June 2012, 19:56:31 by tele »

tele

« Reply #11 on: 20 June 2012, 10:38:00 »
Hahaha Glest 3.2.2 from djl manager game , WORKING IN LINUX !!!   :o
I don't know  how ,  but working and with shadows too  ;D
I install gargolye from djl, maybe this help, maybe not.
« Last Edit: 20 June 2012, 12:31:35 by tele »

tomreyn

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
    • MegaGlest - the free and open source cross platform 3D real-time strategy game
Re: MegaGlest3.6.0.3 won't work on Windows XP with ATI Radeon 9200
« Reply #12 on: 20 June 2012, 12:31:03 »
Congratulations!

Please note that I've moved your topic/discussion thread from the general to to the MegaGlest forums since you were initially discussing MegaGlest, not Glest. While MegaGlest is a fork of Glest, it is a very different game now, and it does have higher hardware requirements, as documented in the README file (which also ships with releases and is displayed during installation), such as 256 MB of video memory (ATI Radeon 9200 provides 128 MB only). As such, if you are going to continue discussing vanilla Glest, please start a new topic on the General forums again, or elsewhere, since we only support MegaGlest here.
Thank you!
atibox: Ryzen 1800X (8 cores @3.6GHz), 32 GB RAM, MSI Radeon RX 580 Gaming X 8G, PCI subsystem ID [1462:3417], (Radeon RX 580 chipset, POLARIS10) @3440x1440; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon (amdgpu) / mesa video driver
atibox (old): Core2Quad Q9400 (4 cores @2.66GHz), 8 GB RAM, XFX HD-467X-DDF2, PCI subsystem ID [1682:2931], (Radeon HD 4670, RV730 XT) @1680x1050; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon / mesa video driver
notebook: HP envy13d020ng
internet access: VDSL2+

· · · How YOU can contribute to MG · Latest development snapshot · How to build yourself · Megapack techtree · Currently hosted MG games · · ·