Author Topic: Video acceleration failing during gameplay  (Read 787 times)

grealok

Video acceleration failing during gameplay
« on: 6 July 2012, 18:28:58 »
hello i am new to this forum and i have a bug to report i was playing megaglest yesterday and i downloaded the tech tree imperial 2 and i was playing it in a custom game and i was about to win when the game shut down and after when i wanted to play again its saying that i need the new OpenGL 1.3 and i was running in 1.1.0 but i dont think its true because i was playing before and it worked please help me and sorry for my bad english it is not my primary language
« Last Edit: 6 July 2012, 22:12:51 by titi »

titi

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
    • http://www.titusgames.de
Re: bug
« Reply #1 on: 6 July 2012, 21:59:59 »
restart your computer ... then it should work again.
If this does not help you maybe have a notebook with two graphic cards. The faster card ( nvidia/ati ) may have died which is ... bad luck .

Or its overheated due to bad air circulation and will be alive again after cooling down.
« Last Edit: 6 July 2012, 22:14:07 by titi »
Try Megaglest! Improved Engine / New factions / New tilesets / New maps / New scenarios

grealok

Re: Video acceleration failing during gameplay
« Reply #2 on: 6 July 2012, 23:04:02 »
hello the game wont work even if i have restarted my computer many time and its seem's not overheated maybye you are right about the card that have died if it is the case what can i do for it

tomreyn

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
    • MegaGlest - the free and open source cross platform 3D real-time strategy game
« Reply #3 on: 6 July 2012, 23:23:22 »
It sounds like your card may indeed be toast.  :(
I suggest you have someone who is into PC hardware and can pay you a visit to do so and have her/him check up on it.
You could also take a look inside of your PC and just try to reseat the video card (if you know how to). Sometimes this fixes it.
All of this is beyond MegaGlest support, though. If you can't get help from a knowledgeable friend then your best bet is to check with a local PC repairs shop or maybe ask on some PC hardware forums.
The worst case is probably that you need to buy a replacement video card (>= USD 70,-)
Good luck!
atibox: Ryzen 1800X (8 cores @3.6GHz), 32 GB RAM, MSI Radeon RX 580 Gaming X 8G, PCI subsystem ID [1462:3417], (Radeon RX 580 chipset, POLARIS10) @3440x1440; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon (amdgpu) / mesa video driver
atibox (old): Core2Quad Q9400 (4 cores @2.66GHz), 8 GB RAM, XFX HD-467X-DDF2, PCI subsystem ID [1682:2931], (Radeon HD 4670, RV730 XT) @1680x1050; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon / mesa video driver
notebook: HP envy13d020ng
internet access: VDSL2+

· · · How YOU can contribute to MG · Latest development snapshot · How to build yourself · Megapack techtree · Currently hosted MG games · · ·

grealok

« Reply #4 on: 6 July 2012, 23:56:01 »
thank you i will try this

anything