Author Topic: My issue with widgets...  (Read 3716 times)

Psychedelic_hands

My issue with widgets...
« on: 13 December 2012, 18:32:13 »
Okay, tonight I really started digging into widget system, and now I'm really scared of what I have found out...
Is there any way to make widgets use different title bars????? If there isn't, then that is a [big]SEVERE,[/big][/size] severe limitation on the system.

Here is what I have so far:
(click to show/hide)

As you can see, I only have one type of title bar for every widget type: the resource bar, the mini-map and the display panel look all the same. The issue is that there are all different shapes and sizes and using only a single image to cover all of these in a way that looks good... Is a bit of a challenge. Not to mention a HUGE limit on mod-ability.

As far as I can tell there isn't a way to make them different from eachother (I'm hoping that I'm wrong). If this is the case then basically every GUI will look just like a retex of the original...  This should probably be considered a fairly big design oversight...
Sorry if I am wrong and I'm just making a fool of myself... I was just REALLY surprised by this. I mean, everything else is just, insanely customisable and then this is just....  REALLY disappointing.
« Last Edit: 14 December 2012, 08:52:17 by Psychedelic_hands »

Yggdrasil

• Local Moderator
  • Ornithopter
    • View Profile
Re: My issue with widgets...
« Reply #1 on: 17 December 2012, 15:37:42 »
After a quick look it seems there's only one tite bar and the style for it applies to every instance of it. So, yes that is a limitation. Anyway i think your title bar looks great.

MoLAoS

• Ornithopter
    • View Profile
Re: My issue with widgets...
« Reply #2 on: 17 December 2012, 17:29:43 »
There is a relatively simple fix for this. Depending on your requirements. For people who don't want to change the number of widgets in the source its pretty simple to modify the framed widget code to allow for one title bar for each element.

Not sure about the value of modifying the widget code for cosmetic issues if there is a plan to add something like libRocket as has been discussed.