Author Topic: Rise of Warcraft ( Warcraft mod )  (Read 3271 times)

Arsene842

Rise of Warcraft ( Warcraft mod )
« on: 6 January 2013, 19:46:06 »
Hello guys!
I post this because I had the idea to make a Warcraft mod.
The alpha would consist to have the Alliance vs the Horder, and not why, after, create other factions more specialized such as the humains, dwarfs, blood elves...
But, I need some help: -I don't know very well how to use Blender
                                  -I have some problems with my world of warcraft exporter (.m2 and .wmo (the Warcraft files 3d)  to .obj)
An other topic where I need some help:
https://forum.megaglest.org/index.php?topic=8835.0

So, your help and your ideas are welcome

Friendly

firedeathbot

• Draco Rider
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of Warcraft ( Warcraft mod )
« Reply #1 on: 8 January 2013, 06:57:24 »
I can't say I approve of ripping models off wow, however, i have to admit it could be pretty fun.

Rather than converting the m2 file to object and loosing all the animaton data you should just use a m2 importer either in blender or 3ds max (they exist, i just googled). I am not going to post the links, you should be able to find them in < 5 minutes.
Back to glest after a few years inactivity.

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #2 on: 8 January 2013, 07:02:04 »
Yea. Any way you can get the animations through is good, because trust me animating is a lot of work. :look:

@firedeathbot: I remember you... sort of, it's been a looong time. 8)
Egypt Remastered!

Proof: Owner of glest@mail.com

firedeathbot

• Draco Rider
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 8 January 2013, 07:12:54 »
Yea. Any way you can get the animations through is good, because trust me animating is a lot of work. :look:

I havn't been on the forums in like 3 years.
A few days ago I was just chilling playing some league of legends, and my brother had apparently found one of my old cds from around 2008 that I had copied glest onto for a portable gaming experience. Needless to say, I instantly rushed to these forums and decided to check on the state of glest development. Took me awhile to bother recovering my password though

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #4 on: 8 January 2013, 08:04:38 »

I havn't been on the forums in like 3 years.
A few days ago I was just chilling playing some league of legends, and my brother had apparently found one of my old cds from around 2008 that I had copied glest onto for a portable gaming experience. Needless to say, I instantly rushed to these forums and decided to check on the state of glest development. Took me awhile to bother recovering my password though

Cool man! You should get involved in the MegaGlest Refit!

Anyway, let's not get too off-topic.. Arsene you will have to do a good load of XML work, have you already tried modding glest?
Egypt Remastered!

Proof: Owner of glest@mail.com

MightyMic

• Technician
  • To mod, or not to mod...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 8 January 2013, 15:48:52 »
I made a short video of how to link textures in blender, as this was the only thing I didn't understand when I started moding

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qazlKFvsGQE

Arsene842

« Reply #6 on: 9 January 2013, 19:41:43 »
I'm sorry for my no rapid answer.
My textures problem is ok, I'm going to look at Rather for recover the animations.
I've never try the modding glest so , if you have some tutorials or other I will get them.

Thank's for your answers

Zoythrus

« Reply #7 on: 9 January 2013, 20:20:12 »
There's one main issue that I'm surprised hasn't come up yet - copyright! WoW assets belong to Blizzard, you can't just rip them from the game without being fined. Not to crush your dreams, but I would highly recommend that you quit while you're ahead.

MoLAoS

• Ornithopter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 9 January 2013, 22:04:42 »
What I want to know is what is the purpose of cloning a game that already exists?

firedeathbot

• Draco Rider
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 10 January 2013, 00:00:41 »
What I want to know is what is the purpose of cloning a game that already exists?

Cloning is the wrong word in this case. My understanding was that he wanted to use blizzard models from WoW in creating multiple rts factions.

Zoythrus

« Reply #10 on: 10 January 2013, 04:54:11 »

Cloning is the wrong word in this case. My understanding was that he wanted to use blizzard models from WoW in creating multiple rts factions.
Why not just play Warcraft 3?

ElimiNator

• Airship
  • The MegaGlest Moder.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 10 January 2013, 06:29:40 »
It costs money bro.  ;)

But yah, I don't think its a good idea.
Get the Vbros': Packs 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5!

Arsene842

« Reply #12 on: 10 January 2013, 17:27:45 »
Yes sure, I'm going to stop my idea, I didn't think the copyrights, and Blizzard is very intransigent.
I had the idea to make this mod because Warcraft 3 is too lock, you havn't got a liberty for edit, once you finished the game, that becomes boring.

So, for avoid a pursuit I stop.
Friendly