Author Topic: Prax Mod (released 0.5.9.7 wip)  (Read 12097 times)

atze

• Technician
    • View Profile
Prax Mod (released 0.5.9.7 wip)
« on: 6 February 2013, 10:57:58 »
Here is a prospective plan from the first faction (technology tree in German) a mod, I'm working on. All the buildings are of me (except for the textures). Most units (I hope this is allowed) are from other mod's (moddern) (I still can not really animate.). Prax stands for the German word (Praxis) practice, so in something like exercise. So is probably not the final name of the faction. What say you?

download: Prax 0.5.9.7

« Last Edit: 15 March 2015, 16:53:19 by atze »
this signature is not available in your country

MuwuM

• Ornithopter
  • No Game without Move(ment)
    • View Profile
    • MuwuM - Lexicons
Re: Prax Mod
« Reply #1 on: 6 February 2013, 13:08:39 »
nice... I especially like the castle. I think we could reuse a bit of them for the Refit ;-) ... 

WHY are liniting the 'Steinheiligtum' to a maximum of 5 ???

atze

• Technician
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 6 February 2013, 15:24:20 »
nice... I especially like the castle. I think we could reuse a bit of them for the Refit ;-) ... 

Thanks MuwuM, nice that you like it :). For the Refit, but I'd rather build another ;).

WHY are liniting the 'Steinheiligtum' to a maximum of 5 ???

The first is just an idea, the stone sanctuary (Steinheiligtum) has a boost effect (+20 armor/ +20 attack stacking) on the Warlock (Hexer). Therefore the limit.

ElimiNator

• Airship
  • The MegaGlest Moder.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 6 February 2013, 19:51:03 »
Looks neat.  :)
Get the Vbros': Packs 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5!

ElimiNator

• Airship
  • The MegaGlest Moder.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 6 February 2013, 22:44:44 »
Hello I wonder why not include the other factions in MegaPack?

I hope a good job of translator  :)
???

Hagekura

• Archmage
    • View Profile
    • Hageus_Iaponicus(@Hageus_Hagekura)さん | Twitter
« Reply #5 on: 7 February 2013, 03:29:33 »
Nice buildings and very neat techtree! It's good to see someone trying to make a new mod.
and german words sounds very cool. This is one of the reason why Ich liebe Deuctschland, BTW.
And so this mod is for a practice, are you planning to make an another real-part mod? If so, what kind of mod will it be?
Bushido to iu wa shinu koto to mitsuketari.

Japanese Faction Mod

atze

• Technician
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 7 February 2013, 09:19:28 »
Looks neat.  :)

Thanks.  :)

Hello I wonder why not include the other factions in MegaPack?

I hope a good job of translator  :)

Do not understand your wonder, sry.  :angel: ?  Or it was not a good translation   :| ?

Nice buildings and very neat techtree! It's good to see someone trying to make a new mod.
and german words sounds very cool. This is one of the reason why Ich liebe Deuctschland, BTW.
And so this mod is for a practice, are you planning to make an another real-part mod? If so, what kind of mod will it be?

Nice that you like it.  :)
Yes for me is that everything only once just an exercise. Make me currently fun to work with Blender. Have to create before a mod, like MegaPack or Vbros, but not first with this number of factions. It may be 2 or 3 factions. (I will not even promise too much, maybe I'm in half a year, no more loss, who knows.). This faction here is already playable. At this point and a big THANKS :thumbup: to tomreyn, nig, titi, and PT for testing and hints. Building (I'm learning more with every model in Blender), I do not really think the problem (apart from good texturing :D), because they are mostly static. Units are there for me more difficult, because the are animated. And beautiful animations are time-consuming and unworkable for me :confused: currently. (and you and others have just hung with the other Mod's the bar pretty high ;)) So a correct story to the factions, I do not currently. However, everything is pretty medieval. But rather in the fantasy style.

softcoder

• MegaGlest Team
  • Battle Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 7 February 2013, 20:07:48 »
This mod does look nice, hope you finish it so everyone can enjoy it.

Good job so far.

atze

• Technician
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 8 February 2013, 20:23:50 »
This mod does look nice, hope you finish it so everyone can enjoy it.

Good job so far.

Well let's see  ;). Thanks Softcoder  :)

Here's a Dragon-Tower (Drachenturm), I probably still with replacements. Then the Wyvern, created with the Dragon-Tower.  ;D

ElimiNator

• Airship
  • The MegaGlest Moder.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 8 February 2013, 20:38:32 »
Looks neat, although since the top part is bigger then the bottom you will need a selection radius as big as the top part, so towers built beside each other don't intersect.

atze

• Technician
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 8 February 2013, 22:22:16 »
Looks neat, although since the top part is bigger then the bottom you will need a selection radius as big as the top part, so towers built beside each other don't intersect.

Yes you are right, I've taken it. Works pretty well.  :)

titi

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
    • http://www.titusgames.de
« Reply #11 on: 14 February 2013, 15:19:22 »
I think sasj means you should use faction links to include the megapck factions in your techtree too .
Try Megaglest! Improved Engine / New factions / New tilesets / New maps / New scenarios

tomreyn

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
    • MegaGlest - the free and open source cross platform 3D real-time strategy game
« Reply #12 on: 16 February 2013, 06:46:17 »
I've had another opportunity to try the latest Prax preview today, and I must say I really like it. I need to play it more to really get an an idea how to properly play it, but I can already say that is has a nice gameplay, which differs from Megapacks', and thus makes a nice variety. Models, textures and animations look good to me, some are quite innovative and they all fit into the medieval fantasy theme nicely. Great job, Atze, I'm looking forward to the Prax release!
atibox: Ryzen 1800X (8 cores @3.6GHz), 32 GB RAM, MSI Radeon RX 580 Gaming X 8G, PCI subsystem ID [1462:3417], (Radeon RX 580 chipset, POLARIS10) @3440x1440; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon (amdgpu) / mesa video driver
atibox (old): Core2Quad Q9400 (4 cores @2.66GHz), 8 GB RAM, XFX HD-467X-DDF2, PCI subsystem ID [1682:2931], (Radeon HD 4670, RV730 XT) @1680x1050; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon / mesa video driver
notebook: HP envy13d020ng
internet access: VDSL2+

· · · How YOU can contribute to MG · Latest development snapshot · How to build yourself · Megapack techtree · Currently hosted MG games · · ·

atze

• Technician
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 16 February 2013, 14:29:50 »
I've had another opportunity to try the latest Prax preview today, and I must say I really like it. I need to play it more to really get an an idea how to properly play it, but I can already say that is has a nice gameplay, which differs from Megapacks', and thus makes a nice variety. Models, textures and animations look good to me, some are quite innovative and they all fit into the medieval fantasy theme nicely. Great job, Atze, I'm looking forward to the Prax release!

Thanx, tomreyn :). Release would already. If I knew exactly with the licenses. :| The one with the licenses is what deters me unable to releasen the mod.

atze

• Technician
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 22 February 2013, 01:55:14 »
I updated the Tech Tree. See first post. A few upgrades have been added a few new models and textures have been revised. I think this faction is by and large finished and playable. :| May still lack a little polish.
Now I still need a suitable name for the faction. If anyone of you has a suggestion. :) Then please post here.

titi

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 21 April 2013, 23:04:47 »
Here is a low poly version of the zombie. I used the decimate modifier and I fixed the texture after I used it. So use texture too.

http://www.titusgames.de/tmp/untoter_low_poly.7z
Try Megaglest! Improved Engine / New factions / New tilesets / New maps / New scenarios

atze

• Technician
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 22 April 2013, 18:26:56 »
Here is a low poly version of the zombie. I used the decimate modifier and I fixed the texture after I used it. So use texture too.

http://www.titusgames.de/tmp/untoter_low_poly.7z

Thank you titi :), got it in the end managed alone. Is now even at 6 Faces smaller ;D, than the Modified from you. Nevertheless, thanks for your effort :thumbup:.

titi

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 22 April 2013, 20:05:05 »
things to improve:

- water is too blue in farm
- teamcolor is missing on three buildings ( blacksmith/airdefense and ??? I forgot )
- wyvern cannot see far enoughso air defense can attack wyvern and wyvern does not see attacker
- lower production time for wyvern a bit ?
- Drachenturm has set a too high height. This looks bad with produced wyvern above. Lower it a bit even touching the fag on top does not matter too much in my opinion.
- maybe add an upgrade for the  dogs later in game ?

atze

• Technician
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 22 April 2013, 21:25:40 »
things to improve:
- water is too blue in farm

Ok i fix it. (see next point)

- teamcolor is missing on three buildings ( blacksmith/airdefense and ??? I forgot )

You mean yet determined the farm. I considered completely rebuild these 3 buildings. And then definitely with teamcolor.

- wyvern cannot see far enoughso air defense can attack wyvern and wyvern does not see attacker

The particles from the sting-defence are specially made ​​visible. And the Wyvern attack is extremely strong. 'm Not sure whether I should change this. :|

- lower production time for wyvern a bit ?

See point before and the sorcerer has a upgrade ;) hexerzeitsprung/sorcerer time slip. However, you have quite a little faster, they should be produced. :thumbup:

- Drachenturm has set a too high height. This looks bad with produced wyvern above. Lower it a bit even touching the fag on top does not matter too much in my opinion.

I already had the Wyvern then flies through the roofs. However I like the effect, if the Wyvern is just great and then enter floats.

- maybe add an upgrade for the  dogs later in game ?

That's a good idea, I had this on our last test match somehow.  ;D

In any case thank you titi, for the constructive feedback. :)

jammyjamjamman

• Administrator
  • Horseman
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 29 April 2013, 16:07:42 »
Well, I've recently played this mod and I have to say I love it :) . I think my favorite model in this faction probably is the Drachenturm, but they all look nice and really detailed. The only improvement I can think of currently is possibly create a more fancy/interesting particle effect for the Wyvern breath. Also I have to agree with Hagekura on this statement:
and german words sounds very cool. This is one of the reason why Ich liebe Deuctschland
. I also liked the "upgrade" particle effects and I'm tempted to copy this idea of showing with particle effects what the building is doing as it would be useful during game-play (so that it's easy to spot idle buildings). So my overall conclusion is: Good work!  :D
"All right, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons? Don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! 'I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?'" ~Cave Johnson, Portal 2

Pizza90

• Draco Rider
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 20 June 2013, 17:16:04 »
I like your faction atze, the only things i dont like are the defense tower, it doesnt fit the style of the other buildings (imo), and the colours of the units it looks too vivid and cartoonish.

ps: i already told you about the bug while building the red/white tent. In my case it was built close to another building and while the building there was no model visible. If clicked i could see a a pile of woods.

I translated Megaglest in italian and i keep the translation updated.

atze

• Technician
    • View Profile
Re: Prax Mod (release version 0.5.8)
« Reply #21 on: 14 September 2013, 20:29:11 »
Here, after some time  :), a playable version. There is a version that is not 100% complete. One or the other will still be added, probably.

See first post.

atze

• Technician
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 24 September 2013, 19:23:14 »
So to just get a little feedback :|, I once opened a poll.

titi

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 24 September 2013, 22:23:49 »
Giving a bad vote without comment is not fair  :'( .

Post some feedback so it can be improved.

atze

• Technician
    • View Profile
Re: Prax Mod (new version 0.5.9.1)
« Reply #24 on: 21 November 2013, 17:23:39 »
Here is a 2nd playable version. See first post. Translated in (English, Russian and Polish) Have Fun.  :)
« Last Edit: 21 November 2013, 17:29:53 by atze »