Author Topic: Prax Mod (released 0.5.9.7 wip)  (Read 4433 times)

titi

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
    • http://www.titusgames.de
Re: Prax Mod (release version 0.5.8)
« Reply #25 on: 24 September 2013, 22:23:49 »
Giving a bad vote without comment is not fair  :'( .

Post some feedback so it can be improved.
Try Megaglest! Improved Engine / New factions / New tilesets / New maps / New scenarios

atze

• Technician
    • View Profile
Re: Prax Mod (new version 0.5.9.1)
« Reply #26 on: 21 November 2013, 17:23:39 »
Here is a 2nd playable version. See first post. Translated in (English, Russian and Polish) Have Fun.  :)
« Last Edit: 21 November 2013, 17:29:53 by atze »
this signature is not available in your country

titi

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 23 November 2013, 00:32:20 »
The new version is pretty tough  ;D . The AI really loves this faction now and you must be very careful with your setup. Mega-CPUs are nearly unbeatable when you ask me . New challenges for advanced players, I like it a lot!
Try Megaglest! Improved Engine / New factions / New tilesets / New maps / New scenarios

galaxy

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 3 December 2013, 21:33:37 »
Good work atze,  i liked it.
only i had a problem in installing the english version.

atze

• Technician
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 4 December 2013, 12:50:48 »
Nice to hear that you like it.  :)

only i had a problem in installing the english version.

Since the new release version 3.9.0, it is actually quite easy with the translations. (thx on the coder :)) You need at just the hook, "Allow Translated Techtrees" set in the settings. The default language-file is in English. This should work for all non-translated languages.

galaxy

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 4 December 2013, 17:03:48 »
Hi atze,
Actually I'm still getting German names for units, buildings, workers, etc.
There is only a button of advanced translation (under Misc options), and it requires "Transifex" user name and password.
Its obvious that you have a good programing ability and art sense. I have few ideas if would like to add to your nice design;
1- Adding another abilities to the sorcerer of hiding things (workers, troops, buildings, etc.) and make them invisible, to avoid enemy attacks (or make better surprising attacks),
2- The ability of the sorcerer of shielding troops (totally or partially) during battles,
3- The sorcerer’s ability to change resources type (change stone to gold).
Thank you.
« Last Edit: 4 December 2013, 17:59:29 by galaxy »

atze

• Technician
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 4 December 2013, 18:27:09 »
Hi atze,
Actually I'm still getting German names for units, buildings, workers, etc.
There is only a button of advanced translation (under Misc options), and it requires "Transifex" user name and password.
Its obvious that you have a good programing ability and art sense. I have few ideas if would like to add to your nice design;
1- Adding another abilities to the sorcerer of hiding things (workers, troops, buildings, etc.) and make them invisible, to avoid enemy attacks (or make better surprising attacks),
2- The ability of the sorcerer of shielding troops (totally or partially) during battles,
3- The sorcerer’s ability to change resources type (change stone to gold).
Thank you.

I mean this: -->

To your advice, I'll think about it times whether this is feasible, thank you.  :)

atze

• Technician
    • View Profile
Re: Prax Mod (new version 0.5.9.4)
« Reply #32 on: 14 December 2013, 18:17:27 »
Here is again a new version of "prax". See opening post. With new translations. (now in Arabic, French and Italian). It would be nice if native speakers would test this. (also English, Polish and Russian) I hope it is not to big errors in it.  :angel:
If the mod is still to be translated necessarily into another language, please post here.  Portuguese and Spanish are likely to follow soon.

Then I have fixed some small things.

Have fun.  :)
« Last Edit: 16 December 2013, 22:41:06 by atze »

atze

• Technician
    • View Profile
Re: Prax Mod (updated version 0.5.9.7)
« Reply #33 on: 9 February 2014, 16:57:23 »
Here's a current version of "Prax". There the language files have been removed. Now only available in German and English. Because so often, this mod is not being played.  :| Why, in my opinion, not really worth the effort.

fixed: - undead sound (this was terrible  :-\ , before  :))
           - little things

Download Link by titi: download: Prax 0.5.9.7 here --> http://mods.megaglest.org/techs/prax_0.5.9.7.7z
« Last Edit: 9 February 2014, 17:27:42 by titi »

tomreyn

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
    • MegaGlest - the free and open source cross platform 3D real-time strategy game
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: 10 February 2014, 07:52:17 »
Thanks! Would you still re-add other translations as soon as they grow complete thanks to people helping translate Prax on Transifex, though?
atibox: Core2Quad Q9400 (4 cores @2.66GHz), 8 GB RAM, XFX HD-467X-DDF2, PCI ID [1682:2931], (Radeon HD 4670, RV730 XT) @1680x1050; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon video driver
intelbox: Core Duo U7300 (2 cores @1.30Ghz), 4 GB RAM, Intel GMA X4500MHD (GM45 Express chipset, 256 MB shared RAM) @1360x768; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) i915 video driver
network link: VDSL2

MegaGlest resources · MegaGlest primer · Support tool: Linux System Report · How YOU can contribute to MG · Try the latest development snapshot · How to build yourself · Megapack techtree · Currently hosted MG games

Ishmaru

• Battle Machine
  • um wat??
    • View Profile
    • DelphaDesign
« Reply #35 on: 10 February 2014, 19:35:38 »
Finally got to try this mod out. It lives up to the hype its been getting! really love the clean hud and particle fx. For a practice mod it sure has a lot of polish!
Annex: Conquer the World Release 3 For Pc Mac + Linux
http://glest.org/glest_board/index.php?topic=6517.msg66705#msg66705
Annex is now on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/AnnexConquer

atze

• Technician
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 16 February 2014, 18:42:33 »
Finally got to try this mod out. It lives up to the hype its been getting! really love the clean hud and particle fx. For a practice mod it sure has a lot of polish!

Real? :o  I am pleased that you like it. :)  I'm curious what you will say to the other mod. :|   If it is still in the design phase.;D ;)  I may soon be time to publish a few designs.

Ishmaru

• Battle Machine
  • um wat??
    • View Profile
    • DelphaDesign
« Reply #37 on: 17 February 2014, 12:12:58 »

Real? :o  I am pleased that you like it. :)  I'm curious what you will say to the other mod. :|   If it is still in the design phase.;D ;)  I may soon be time to publish a few designs.

I forgot to mention I really like how hexers are feel very powerful. I always felt that wizards spells should be much more powerful than knights etc., and Battlemages, Summoners from MG felt relatively weak. At least to me they did.

Looking froward to this other mod!
Annex: Conquer the World Release 3 For Pc Mac + Linux
http://glest.org/glest_board/index.php?topic=6517.msg66705#msg66705
Annex is now on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/AnnexConquer

atze

• Technician
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 21 February 2015, 23:12:50 »
To point this project is not dead :P, here sometimes a Testrender of a possible new unity for the second Faction. Still no Texture :|, however, only 740 tries without weapons / tools.

wciow

• Behemoth
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 28 February 2015, 15:54:04 »
Gave this mod a try and have to say it is really good.

Whilst it doesn’t deviate far from original Glest Magitech factions (actually feels like an upgraded cross of original Magic/Tech) it is full of well made art and has a nice use of particles.

This faction makes good use of newer MG additions such as unit particles, attack boosts and custom HUD.

If i had to pick an area for improvement it would be the blandness of units. Most are straight copies of Magictech units with simple attacks. It would be nice to see something using more complex attacks allowed by the MG improvements.
Check out my new Goblin faction - https://forum.megaglest.org/index.php?topic=9658.0

atze

• Technician
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 1 March 2015, 00:39:16 »
Wciow, nice that you like it. :) This faction/techtree is a try. Sometimes look. :|

atze

• Technician
    • View Profile
Re: Prax Mod (released 0.5.9.7)
« Reply #41 on: 10 March 2015, 20:47:52 »
Here, a few other draughts:

worker:  

axeman:  

archer:

sorcerer:    

not really with texture :| .

weedkiller

• Drake Rider
    • View Profile
Re: Prax Mod (released 0.5.9.7)
« Reply #42 on: 11 March 2015, 16:42:13 »
hehe, i know this thing with textures xD
looks great!
the archer's hand looks a bit distorted;
looking forward to see them in action.

atze

• Technician
    • View Profile
Re: Prax Mod (released 0.5.9.7 wip)
« Reply #43 on: 15 March 2015, 16:52:42 »
thx weedkiller  :),  sometimes look

Hagekura

• Archmage
    • View Profile
    • Hageus_Iaponicus(@Hageus_Hagekura)さん | Twitter
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: 16 March 2015, 06:58:07 »
Yeah these models are very neat. Have good balance between realism and déformation. Really nice work!
I'd like to learn some from your modeling style.  :O I love axeman and archer. they are cool. :thumbup:
You'd better put chain mail or scale male textures on the axeman.
Like this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Varangians#/media/File:%D0%92%D0%B0%D1%80%D1%8F%D0%B3%D0%B8.jpg
It would be fantastic!
Bushido to iu wa shinu koto to mitsuketari.

Japanese Faction Mod

titi

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile

tomreyn

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
    • MegaGlest - the free and open source cross platform 3D real-time strategy game
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: 10 June 2015, 08:38:29 »
Whoops, I missed this update. Yeay, this looks like entirely new models (something we're duly lacking IMO), and good looking ones! :)
atibox: Core2Quad Q9400 (4 cores @2.66GHz), 8 GB RAM, XFX HD-467X-DDF2, PCI ID [1682:2931], (Radeon HD 4670, RV730 XT) @1680x1050; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon video driver
intelbox: Core Duo U7300 (2 cores @1.30Ghz), 4 GB RAM, Intel GMA X4500MHD (GM45 Express chipset, 256 MB shared RAM) @1360x768; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) i915 video driver
network link: VDSL2

MegaGlest resources · MegaGlest primer · Support tool: Linux System Report · How YOU can contribute to MG · Try the latest development snapshot · How to build yourself · Megapack techtree · Currently hosted MG games

titi

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 10 June 2015, 11:39:45 »
I hope you don't plan to replace all human models again? Better go for a more final release :D

anything