Author Topic: Multiple attack commands and multiple morph commands  (Read 2364 times)

Empyre

Multiple attack commands and multiple morph commands
« on: 14 April 2013, 17:23:01 »
Hi,

I've been working a bit at GAE modding, reading the documentation a lot and trying various things as I really enjoy its XML style to game programming.

One thing I'd like is to allow a unit to have multiple different attacks to choose from, and be eligible for multiple types of morphs. However, it seems whenever I add two or more of either of these together, the command icons don't all display when selecting the unit, almost as if there is a maximum number of command icon slots that the engine can show.

This works without issue in Megaglest (e.g. had four attack commands and three morph command icons all displaying as expected) but I really would prefer working in GAE because of all the enhanced features.

Is this a known issue in GAE if you try and add for example two attack commands as well as two morph commands?

Thanks for all your help.
Vaughan

MoLAoS

• Ornithopter
    • View Profile
Re: Multiple attack commands and multiple morph commands
« Reply #1 on: 14 April 2013, 17:38:37 »
Could you post the XML you are using? Archmages in the Magitech faction already have multiple attacks.

Empyre

« Reply #2 on: 14 April 2013, 18:28:50 »
Thanks for the quick reply MoLAoS, it prompted me to try again in 'vanilla' GAE and having multiple attacks and multiple morphs does work.

Apologies, I've been modding within the GAE Military mod (as I'm going for a futuristic feel to the game and it already had the basics in place). Seems in that mod, there's the issue as described in my original post, but not in GAE.

Just expanding on this topic, would it be possible to assign different hotkeys to different attacks?

All the best.
Vaughan

Omega

• MegaGlest Team
  • Dragon
  • Professional bug writer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #3 on: 14 April 2013, 18:33:10 »
Apologies, I've been modding within the GAE Military mod (as I'm going for a futuristic feel to the game and it already had the basics in place). Seems in that mod, there's the issue as described in my original post, but not in GAE.
Strange, there shouldn't be any issues with that (I created the Military mod; henceforth referred to as "Apocalyptic Dawn"), however, some versions of Apocalyptic Dawn were distributed with the program instead of in an addon format. As a result, you might be running an older version of GAE. The most recent release of GAE was 0.4 beta 3 on 6 October 2011.

Just expanding on this topic, would it be possible to assign different hotkeys to different attacks?
Afraid not. It was a common feature request, though.
Edit the MegaGlest wiki: http://docs.megaglest.org/

My personal projects: http://github.com/KatrinaHoffert

MoLAoS

• Ornithopter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 14 April 2013, 18:41:16 »
It would be trivially simple to assign hotkeys to different attacks. I will look into this if I have the time. This would probably not be back-ported to GAE though.