Author Topic: MegaGlest Svn "Installer"/Downloader/Updater/... (Linux)  (Read 1053 times)

filux

• MegaGlest Team
  • Draco Rider
  • was OpenSuse x64, is Debian testing x64
    • View Profile
I've written a few scripts for Megaglest svn and linux users.

Main script performs ( among others ;] ) the function of updating, compiling and running the latest svn revision of the MegaGlest game.
Another scripts are designed for a newbies and/or a little more convenient users  to carry out the whole (a first) "installation process" on svn game.
The last script helps to download fast and fun all the official mods available in game mods' centre.

Everything is in one package and each user in it can find and get what he/she needs :).

filux's scripts

I think it multiply the number of Megaglest betatesters ;)

filux

• MegaGlest Team
  • Draco Rider
    • View Profile
Re: MegaGlest Svn "Installer"/Downloader/Updater/... (Linux)
« Reply #1 on: 20 April 2013, 15:56:22 »
Small pictorial presentation of "installation":

download file

(click to show/hide)

enjoy  :)
« Last Edit: 17 September 2013, 16:32:44 by filux »

tomreyn

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
    • MegaGlest - the free and open source cross platform 3D real-time strategy game
« Reply #2 on: 23 April 2013, 20:34:04 »
While for my personal needs, these scripts would need to be rewritten a bit, I wanted to say that I appreciate your work in this area. It's good that there is now a script for downloading all mods in a way which should allow for automation (cron) and doesn't require a graphical interface.

Do you plan to maintain these scripts, do you plan to store them in a source code repository where they can be worked on a bit more, and are you generally open to patches?

Thanks,

Tom
atibox: Ryzen 1800X (8 cores @3.6GHz), 32 GB RAM, MSI Radeon RX 580 Gaming X 8G, PCI subsystem ID [1462:3417], (Radeon RX 580 chipset, POLARIS10) @3440x1440; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon (amdgpu) / mesa video driver
atibox (old): Core2Quad Q9400 (4 cores @2.66GHz), 8 GB RAM, XFX HD-467X-DDF2, PCI subsystem ID [1682:2931], (Radeon HD 4670, RV730 XT) @1680x1050; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon / mesa video driver
notebook: HP envy13d020ng
internet access: VDSL2+

· · · How YOU can contribute to MG · Latest development snapshot · How to build yourself · Megapack techtree · Currently hosted MG games · · ·

filux

• MegaGlest Team
  • Draco Rider
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24 April 2013, 18:18:40 »
A little tough questions. :)

I looked a little inside a scripts and source code of game and I know that you like very much expanded and transparent code and when the time comes I myself can do it. :)

...but I think it is a bit too early to inclusion my scripts to game repository because I'm still waiting for some feedback and notification of users and ideas for changes.

Could it be that everything is perfect? ;D  :P

E.g.
I wrote "Mods' downloader" with a view to regular user who wants to download all the mods and if he/she want to see mods version or description can do it ingame in the mods' center.
...but I know that the script can perform other functions too, but I need ideas for these functions.

I am generally open to patches but I would like to keep the trend of the use of the most universal solutions (often little older and not easiest) so that scripts don't required any special libraries to run.