Author Topic: Using [s%] instead of [%s] in Persian translation  (Read 774 times)

Using [s%] instead of [%s] in Persian translation
« on: 15 April 2013, 16:45:50 »
I'm translating the game to Farsi.
For this string: "The server has temporarily blocked IP Address [%s] from this game." , I have this one:
".آدرس آی پی [%s] برای این بازی به صورت موقت توسط سرور مسدود شده است"
but I get this error message: "The expression '%s' is not present in the translation."
I checked the Arabic translations and instead of [%s], it was [s%]. this way I don't get the error message. I wanted to know if you have a problem with Arabic or it works fine?

filux

• MegaGlest Team
  • Draco Rider
  • was OpenSuse x64, is Debian testing x64
    • View Profile
Re: Using [s%] instead of [%s] in Persian translation
« Reply #1 on: 15 April 2013, 17:17:51 »
In my opinion.
Efforts must be made to the variables will be exactly the same as in the main language (English).
Maybe in the past that variable had different look and no one in the translation hasn't improved it yet.

tomreyn

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
    • MegaGlest - the free and open source cross platform 3D real-time strategy game
« Reply #2 on: 15 April 2013, 18:05:16 »
Since persian is a right-to-left langauge, s% might actually be correct there. I guess it depends on how the file will be parsed. The best thing to do is to check whether it actually works when you use such a translation in MegaGlest 3.7.1 or, preferrably (such as by using the snapshot builds) later.
atibox: Ryzen 1800X (8 cores @3.6GHz), 32 GB RAM, MSI Radeon RX 580 Gaming X 8G, PCI subsystem ID [1462:3417], (Radeon RX 580 chipset, POLARIS10) @3440x1440; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon (amdgpu) / mesa video driver
atibox (old): Core2Quad Q9400 (4 cores @2.66GHz), 8 GB RAM, XFX HD-467X-DDF2, PCI subsystem ID [1682:2931], (Radeon HD 4670, RV730 XT) @1680x1050; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon / mesa video driver
notebook: HP envy13d020ng
internet access: VDSL2+

· · · How YOU can contribute to MG · Latest development snapshot · How to build yourself · Megapack techtree · Currently hosted MG games · · ·

softcoder

• MegaGlest Team
  • Battle Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16 April 2013, 05:00:19 »
Yes Arabic works fine, so s% should be fine.

anything