Author Topic: signal allies function  (Read 522 times)

centrion

signal allies function
« on: 26 May 2013, 14:06:39 »
Hey, i am working on a function to signal allies in megaglest. Its function is to give some signal on the minimap when you need help or pin point some place on the map so other ally player will know the exact place, its like alt+f click on AOE or shift click on Warcraft.

First thing i do, i use the addAttackEffect() function from UnitUpdater class and add it to Game.cpp class on the MouseDownLeft function, and add some if statement when you shift click on the minimap the signal will appear. But then again, the signal are only appear on the signal sender only, but not the entire ally of the player.

I suppose the problem are on the parameter i am using to catch the mouse position, but i am so stuck here  :'(, and need some help or suggestion. So i kinda hope someone can help me to solve this ASAP. thanks by the way....

MoLAoS

• Ornithopter
    • View Profile
Re: signal allies function
« Reply #1 on: 26 May 2013, 15:44:51 »
I am pretty sure the MG devs already added minimap pings to help coordinate with allies. If you check through feature requests you should find a thread on this.

should be this thread:

https://forum.megaglest.org/index.php?topic=8397.msg82883#msg82883
« Last Edit: 26 May 2013, 15:50:22 by MoLAoS »

softcoder

• MegaGlest Team
  • Battle Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 26 May 2013, 15:54:54 »
Yes see all key definitions in glestkeys.ini

SetMarker=X

This key flashes an indicator for your team on the minimap

centrion

« Reply #3 on: 26 May 2013, 21:27:07 »
Thanks for the feedback, it's seems i'm working on the older version of megaglest that's why this function haven't been implemented, sorry my bad.

I'll try to integrate these function to my project.

Thanks again, and thanks a lot!!!  :D

anything