Author Topic: Compiling Glest 3.2.2  (Read 2951 times)

ProfEclipse

• Summoner
    • View Profile
Compiling Glest 3.2.2
« on: 2 August 2013, 02:05:02 »
I'm trying to compile the base Glest using VC++ 2010. I checked "https://forum.megaglest.org/index.php?PHPSESSID=or34ss8svg51qp6s23ierndjhci4jv4m&topic=3271.0" to download the original project & deps but all links are dead. The instruction doesn't provide enough information to compile Glest properly. Could anyone give me the original project + deps or some more instructions(deps) to compile Glest? Thanks.
« Last Edit: 2 August 2013, 02:48:06 by ProfEclipse »

MoLAoS

• Ornithopter
    • View Profile
Re: Compiling Glest 3.2.2
« Reply #1 on: 2 August 2013, 02:43:44 »
Why are you trying to compile Glest, which is no longer developed, and why are you posting about it in the GAE forum which is not about Glest?

I am not trying to be mean, but it seems like a couple weird choices.

silnarm

• Local Moderator
  • Behemoth
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2 August 2013, 05:58:03 »
I believe those instructions are good, but the dependencies package it links is long gone.  The current deps pack will have most of what you need, sans xerces.  If you have little experience with VC++ project maintainence and the subtleties of linking against the CRT (and how your libraries have done so) you will almost certainly have problems that you will not be able to figure out easily.  You'll be much better off starting with GAE or MG.
Glest Advanced Engine - Code Monkey

Timeline | Downloads

ProfEclipse

• Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2 August 2013, 11:44:36 »
I want to compile Glest because it compiles fast. Also it's much simpler & easier to manage. Actually GAE's source code is the thing I'm looking for, and I want an older version to start with (for example, v0.2.7 or lower), but probably they are not available. MG is quite interesting, but too complicated & structured IMO, so I think adding some features to MegaGlest is not a good idea. Also, (it) the compiler produces lots of temporary files and makes my computer slow down.

Update : I've fixed almost of compiling errors. The only problem is "glu.h" header is missing. I think it's available on http://www.xfree86.org, but the site itself makes me confused and I don't know how to download it. Could anyone tell me how to get this file? Thanks.
« Last Edit: 2 August 2013, 14:20:53 by ProfEclipse »

tomreyn

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
    • MegaGlest - the free and open source cross platform 3D real-time strategy game
« Reply #4 on: 2 August 2013, 13:23:35 »
ProfEclipse, I won't discuss MegaGlest here since these are the GAE forums, but I'd appreciate to learn more about how MegaGlest "produces lots of temporary files and makes [your] computer slow down" on the MegaGlest forums since those are problems we're not aware of so far. Thanks.
atibox: Ryzen 1800X (8 cores @3.6GHz), 32 GB RAM, MSI Radeon RX 580 Gaming X 8G, PCI subsystem ID [1462:3417], (Radeon RX 580 chipset, POLARIS10) @3440x1440; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon (amdgpu) / mesa video driver
atibox (old): Core2Quad Q9400 (4 cores @2.66GHz), 8 GB RAM, XFX HD-467X-DDF2, PCI subsystem ID [1682:2931], (Radeon HD 4670, RV730 XT) @1680x1050; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon / mesa video driver
notebook: HP envy13d020ng
internet access: VDSL2+

· · · How YOU can contribute to MG · Latest development snapshot · How to build yourself · Megapack techtree · Currently hosted MG games · · ·

ProfEclipse

• Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2 August 2013, 14:01:32 »
Sorry tomreyn, I clarified my post. It's just about compiling. But actually I'm not aware that MegaGlest can produce temporary files! :)