Author Topic: Map Castle Gate (Download)  (Read 1175 times)

Jason

• Swordman
    • View Profile
Map Castle Gate (Download)
« on: 18 December 2013, 23:27:55 »
I have been playing around in the map editor and this is what I created:

https://app.box.com/s/p3icy10acpno7fpshjdy

Please tell me what you think :)
Hope you like it!!
« Last Edit: 28 December 2013, 09:19:54 by Jason »

tomreyn

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
    • MegaGlest - the free and open source cross platform 3D real-time strategy game
Re: Map Castle Gate (Download)
« Reply #1 on: 19 December 2013, 03:24:04 »
Hey Jason, thanks for sharing your map. First of all, I would recommend you use a file name which does not include spaces, and only lower case characters, such as castle_gate.gbm, since this will solve problems you may otherwise run into with compatibility across different operating systems.

This seems to be a 2vs6 map, which is a rare concept, but can actually make a good addition this way.
The labyrinth on top is funny, but sadly AI will never make it to find the 2 player team this way. And even when all players are human it will show things down considerably as in bad performance (since your units still try to find a way to the enemy automatically once they spot it).

There is also a huge load of gold on this map, too much in my opinion.

This said, I like the 2vs6 concept, but please make sure you actually test your map and that all CPUs are able to find the opposed team.
atibox: Ryzen 1800X (8 cores @3.6GHz), 32 GB RAM, MSI Radeon RX 580 Gaming X 8G, PCI subsystem ID [1462:3417], (Radeon RX 580 chipset, POLARIS10) @3440x1440; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon (amdgpu) / mesa video driver
atibox (old): Core2Quad Q9400 (4 cores @2.66GHz), 8 GB RAM, XFX HD-467X-DDF2, PCI subsystem ID [1682:2931], (Radeon HD 4670, RV730 XT) @1680x1050; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon / mesa video driver
notebook: HP envy13d020ng
internet access: VDSL2+

· · · How YOU can contribute to MG · Latest development snapshot · How to build yourself · Megapack techtree · Currently hosted MG games · · ·

Jason

• Swordman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19 December 2013, 05:50:26 »
Hi tomreyn, thanks for feedback  :)

I'll fix the name up, thanks for suggestion
I test played the map with cpu (blue) ally and also a LAN game with a friend, and this is what we did:

-Range units like Archmages would be made by the two top players that can destroy heaps of enemies that have piled up at the wall, making them legendery units VERY quickly
-Ranged units fight early
-I thought that the six lower players could NEVER get in but when I played with the cpu (blue) ally, they piled up and (about) ten enemy soldiers + archers found their way in and killed my ally (I didn't send troops over  :D)
-It's meant to (mostly) be fought by air

Hints- There's a patch of the wall (furthest left) that is made of stone that can be mined (making easy exit for your troops(if you choose to mine it))

« Last Edit: 2 February 2014, 23:48:07 by Jason »

tomreyn

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
    • MegaGlest - the free and open source cross platform 3D real-time strategy game
« Reply #3 on: 3 February 2014, 06:21:50 »
For human vs human, this can be an interesting challenge. But I think as soon as you have AI in there, it will get very slow and ugly... But I guess that's OK as long as people are aware it is only good for PvP (I think it won't make it into the mod menu this way, though).
atibox: Ryzen 1800X (8 cores @3.6GHz), 32 GB RAM, MSI Radeon RX 580 Gaming X 8G, PCI subsystem ID [1462:3417], (Radeon RX 580 chipset, POLARIS10) @3440x1440; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon (amdgpu) / mesa video driver
atibox (old): Core2Quad Q9400 (4 cores @2.66GHz), 8 GB RAM, XFX HD-467X-DDF2, PCI subsystem ID [1682:2931], (Radeon HD 4670, RV730 XT) @1680x1050; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon / mesa video driver
notebook: HP envy13d020ng
internet access: VDSL2+

· · · How YOU can contribute to MG · Latest development snapshot · How to build yourself · Megapack techtree · Currently hosted MG games · · ·