Author Topic: Megaglest Senario Players  (Read 1179 times)

Jason

• Swordman
    • View Profile
Megaglest Senario Players
« on: 3 February 2014, 03:49:07 »
Hello everyone

I was thinking it would be nice to have a topic on Senario game play, were players can talk about strategies to winning Megaglest Senarios.
It wound by good for new Megaglest Senario players to have some info on strategy to winning Senarios from people who have already won them, because I know when I started playing it took me quite a while to find how to win the harder Senarios!  :)

Please tell me if you think this is a good idea

tomreyn

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
    • MegaGlest - the free and open source cross platform 3D real-time strategy game
Re: Megaglest Senario Players
« Reply #1 on: 3 February 2014, 06:04:11 »
Hey Jason, I think it's a good idea to discuss this on the forums, and to create a page on the wiki where possible strategies are explained to those who cannot figure it out themselves.

Figuring this out itself can be much more fun, but I doubt people will read the wiki unless they already tried hard and are stuck, looking for help. So noting down some strategies should not hurt, I think. But don't give everything away in detail, rather post some hints which are not too precise so it's still fun to find out.

For example, write "Maybe some melee units could help?" instead of writing "Produce 10 sword fighters and place them in front of your archers while you attack".
atibox: Ryzen 1800X (8 cores @3.6GHz), 32 GB RAM, MSI Radeon RX 580 Gaming X 8G, PCI subsystem ID [1462:3417], (Radeon RX 580 chipset, POLARIS10) @3440x1440; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon (amdgpu) / mesa video driver
atibox (old): Core2Quad Q9400 (4 cores @2.66GHz), 8 GB RAM, XFX HD-467X-DDF2, PCI subsystem ID [1682:2931], (Radeon HD 4670, RV730 XT) @1680x1050; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon / mesa video driver
notebook: HP envy13d020ng
internet access: VDSL2+

· · · How YOU can contribute to MG · Latest development snapshot · How to build yourself · Megapack techtree · Currently hosted MG games · · ·

Omega

• MegaGlest Team
  • Dragon
  • Professional bug writer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #2 on: 3 February 2014, 07:38:19 »
and to create a page on the wiki where possible strategies are explained to those who cannot figure it out themselves.

You should note that there is already such a page. It's very old, however, and only has strategies for the oldest scenarios (all which are still in MG, though).
« Last Edit: 18 June 2016, 19:16:24 by filux »
Edit the MegaGlest wiki: http://docs.megaglest.org/

My personal projects: http://github.com/KatrinaHoffert

Jason

• Swordman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 3 February 2014, 10:19:38 »
I have won lots of Megaglest Senarios, so I could help players with strategies for winning most Megaglest Senarios.  :)

I have got the first question. Could anyone help me with one of ElimiNator's cool three part story-Senario: The King 1.0? I have won Lord of the Land 1.1  and Search for Allies 1.0, but I'm stuck at the last part of The King. Could someone please give me some hints on the strategy of this Senario?

kratos

« Reply #4 on: 3 February 2014, 22:10:05 »
I also tried Lord of the Land... I can't continue after I destroied the sheperard's farm.

Jason

• Swordman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 3 February 2014, 23:36:58 »
Hi Kratos

What part did you get stuck at? I might be able to give you some hints to help you win.  :)

kratos

« Reply #6 on: 4 February 2014, 17:14:44 »
Hi Jason, thanks for your help.
What must i do when i must destroy the sheperard' s farm. I destroy it but the game don't continue. What's the problem.
P.S. Are there some differences between Campaign 1 Lord ofthe Land and Lord of the Land?

Jason

• Swordman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 4 February 2014, 23:26:35 »
Lord Of The Land and Campaign 1 Lord Of The Land are the same, the reason it says "Campaign 1" is because it is the first part of a three Campaigns  :).

I think I might know why your stuck. When you  kill the farm and sheep and the shepherds workers, you have to wait and the cattle farmer will walk down with his cows, and when he gets to you he says thanks and gives you 50 gold. I had the same problem and I tried this solution.

Hope this helps!  :)

kratos

« Reply #8 on: 6 February 2014, 17:31:58 »
Excuse me, but whose are the sheperad workers?  ;)

Jason

• Swordman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 6 February 2014, 23:18:31 »
Those three Persian workers next to the farm.  ;)
Hope my advice was of help :)
Please tell me if you got past that part of Lord Of The Land.  :) 

kratos

« Reply #10 on: 7 February 2014, 18:47:25 »
Ok perfect, thanks.  ;) ;)

Jason

• Swordman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 7 February 2014, 22:51:32 »
No problem :)

anything