THE TIME HAS COME!!
After more of a year in development, Annex: Conquer the World 4.0 is out October 5th!
A massive update to the open sourced, anime themed, real time strategy game.
Annex: Conquer the World, a freeware strategy game for Windows, Linux and and OSX powered machines is having its biggest update ever! 4.0 includes two new unique armies: the Alliance Renegades and NEO Republic, along with updates of the previous East Ocean Alliance and the Shadow Organization, 30 technology tree options, all new maps and scenarios, a new soundtrack, new sounds and voices, and new units to choose from! As of release 4.0 the game is now FOSS licensed!
For those who haven't played annex before, Annex: Conquer the World
is an anime themed real time strategy game that brings fast paced combat with a diverse arsenal. Play as one of four factions: The East Ocean Alliance, the NEO Republic, the Shadow Organization, or the Renegades as they struggle for dominance all over the world, competing for a priceless red mineral. The game now contains 4 factions, over 30 tech trees, original maps, and tileset. Built using open source RTS MegaGlest, the focus of the game is multi-player and single-player skirmishes. However there are also scripted scenarios/missions!See Link for Faction Details! https://forum.megaglest.org/index.php?topic=9086.msg87827#msg87827
- 2 New Factions: Alliance Renegades
and NEO Republic
- New Shadow Organization units: Vixen
(hero) and Sentinel
- New Tilesets: Apocylapse, Metropolitian, Overcast, Brightland,
- Increased Level cap, unit re-balancing and refined gameplay.
- New Technology tree options: Simple Battle, Simple Deployed, Ready for War,
- All Technology trees now have a (D)
Double Damage or (H)
Half Damage variation.
- Improved graphics, lighting, and particle effects
- Save + load game feature
- New maps and scenarios
- New soundtrack, voice overs and sound effects
- FOSS (Free and Open Source Software) license
- Official Installers for Windows and Linux systems