Author Topic: Mega Glest Windows 8 Mods Army of the old world  (Read 827 times)

N.Tech

Mega Glest Windows 8 Mods Army of the old world
« on: 24 October 2014, 16:27:56 »
Hello,
I contact you because I would like the add a techtree to my megaglest game. I'm interested in playing with the"Armies of the old world" and the faction "Dwarves". Unfortunetly, in spite of my effort I was not able to do the necessary modifications.
i downloaded the files on that website (I founded in the wiki page) and I put it in the techtree file in the Megaglest file.

The files are called 7z. Is that normal? it doesn't sound like a commun file to me, I was expecting sth like an installation file.
I have Windows 8. Maybe is that a problem?

Thank you for your answer.

kagu

• Administrator
  • Horseman
    • View Profile
Re: Mega Glest Windows 8 Mods Army of the old world
« Reply #1 on: 24 October 2014, 16:32:55 »
7-Zip is a file archiver with a high compression ratio. Download here for free http://www.7-zip.org
To install extract the file and open the directory %AppData%/megaglest and there you can find the folder "techtree", put it there.
Megaglest Chat
Please support:
1. CEGUI 2. In-process games 3. Registered Players
Playtime:
Every Sunday 21:00 - 01:00 CET

tomreyn

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
    • MegaGlest - the free and open source cross platform 3D real-time strategy game
Re: Mega Glest Windows 8 Mods Army of the old world
« Reply #2 on: 24 October 2014, 17:41:31 »
Other file packers such as Winzip and Winrar will likely support the 7z format as well. On the other hand, 7-zip is free, not limited, open source and supports a lot of other formats as well, so you might actually prefer it.

The directory name is "techs" (not "techtree"), so %AppData%\megaglest\techs - you can copy and paste this to Windows (file, not Internet) Explorer - is where these files need to go. However, they might not be usable unless they have a complete techtree directory structure.

If they are just factions (i.e. there is no "resources" sub directory in at least one of these archives) you will need to copy %ProgramFilesX86%\megaglest\techs\megapack to %AppData%\megaglest\techs\, then rename the copied "megapack" directory to "old_world_dwarves" or similar, and rename the megapack.xml file in it to "old_world_dwarves.xml", too, then delete all the sub directories in %AppData%\megaglest\techs\megapack\factions\ and unpack your two archives into this directory, ending up with something similar to
%AppData%\megaglest\techs\megapack\factions\armies_of_the_old_world\ and
%AppData%\megaglest\techs\megapack\factions\dwarves\

Not exactly straight forward I guess.
atibox: Ryzen 1800X (8 cores @3.6GHz), 32 GB RAM, MSI Radeon RX 580 Gaming X 8G, PCI subsystem ID [1462:3417], (Radeon RX 580 chipset, POLARIS10) @3440x1440; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon (amdgpu) / mesa video driver
atibox (old): Core2Quad Q9400 (4 cores @2.66GHz), 8 GB RAM, XFX HD-467X-DDF2, PCI subsystem ID [1682:2931], (Radeon HD 4670, RV730 XT) @1680x1050; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon / mesa video driver
notebook: HP envy13d020ng
internet access: VDSL2+

· · · How YOU can contribute to MG · Latest development snapshot · How to build yourself · Megapack techtree · Currently hosted MG games · · ·

anything