Poll

What fits your opinion best:

I like MOBA (DotA-like) games and I'd love to see a MOBA mod for megaglest
3 (60%)
I have not yet played MOBA games much, but I'd really like to try out them (as megaglest mod)
1 (20%)
I really don't care about MOBA games or BattleGlest. If it's done I'll try but I don't think I'll play it much.
1 (20%)
I don't think megaglest need's a MOBA-mod. MuwuM should focus on something else to make the original game better.
0 (0%)
MuwuM should stop posting about unfinished projects without playable versions. He does not finish his projects but always rises expectations.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: 28 December 2014, 16:34:22

Author Topic: Relaunch of BattleGlest?!  (Read 2023 times)

MuwuM

• Ornithopter
  • No Game without Move(ment)
    • View Profile
    • MuwuM - Lexicons
Relaunch of BattleGlest?!
« on: 19 December 2014, 16:34:22 »
Hi,

as a new beta of megaglest was released and I finished studying, I'm thinking of relaunching my development of BattleGlest. I was away from the megaglest project for quite a long time (~10 months) so I'd like to hear your opinion before starting.

I have thought about something to make the mod a bit different from other MOBA-games. The main difference is the volcano in the center of the map. As long as one of the 'Lavalings' (giant powerful lava-creature) is alive that volcano kills all units entering his area (usually all creeps of the mid-lane). Every killed Unit rises the danger level of the volcano. If the danger level passes a threshold the volcano destroys a random tower of the team with fewer units lost/sacrificed  in the volcano. If both Lavalings were killed the volcano is disabled for some time. Which means that every unit can pass. Additionally mid-lane-creeps should be far more powerful to end game fast, if the volcano is disabled.

This mechanic adds a high benefit for controlling the mid-lane and adds some tactical options of sacrificing own units (even your hero) to harm the opponent.

I welcome any idea and any kind of (positive & negative) feedback.

kagu

• Administrator
  • Horseman
    • View Profile
Re: Relaunch of BattleGlest?!
« Reply #1 on: 19 December 2014, 16:48:13 »
I didn't understand the volcano thing very well , but I sure hope that I could play multiplayer moba in MG engine :)
Megaglest Chat
Please support:
1. CEGUI 2. In-process games 3. Registered Players
Playtime:
Every Sunday 21:00 - 01:00 CET

MuwuM

• Ornithopter
  • No Game without Move(ment)
    • View Profile
    • MuwuM - Lexicons
Re: Relaunch of BattleGlest?!
« Reply #2 on: 20 December 2014, 20:57:14 »
If someone wants to see the old version of BattleGlest running please try:

BattleGlest (data only)

with current binaries

To start BattleGlest use:
megaglest --load-mod=$APPLICATIONPATH/mods/battleglest (windows)
./megaglest --load-mod=\$APPLICATIONPATH/mods/battleglest (linux)

please make shure that you have set DisableLuaSandbox=1 in your glestuser.ini