Author Topic: Megaglest executable icon (again)  (Read 826 times)

jammyjamjamman

• Administrator
  • Horseman
    • View Profile
Megaglest executable icon (again)
« on: 11 October 2015, 15:59:27 »
So after Mathu made a new megaglest icon design, we ran into the problem that the icon was not an svg. This is because it was based off the original icons, which also weren't svgs.

Anyway, I've been playing round with inkscape and attempted to make some megaglest icon ideas, which are as follows:

Hope these might be of some interest. As you can see they all use letters in the icon, but maybe it would make more sense to use a picture logo instead? (sword, shield, castle.....)
(hint: the second and third logos appear very pixelated. They need to be downloaded to be properly viewed.)
« Last Edit: 12 October 2015, 23:02:32 by jammyjamjamman »
"All right, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons? Don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! 'I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?'" ~Cave Johnson, Portal 2

filux

• MegaGlest Team
  • Draco Rider
  • was OpenSuse x64, is Debian testing x64
    • View Profile
Re: Megaglest executable icon (again)
« Reply #1 on: 11 October 2015, 16:31:03 »
Something like "shiny megaglest icon" is a good candidate as HQ icon for resolutions ~128x128 - ~1024x1024
and something like "matte-style logo with lighter text" is good candidate for LQ icon ~ 16x16 - ~64x64, so at least 2 of them are needed. Hard to tell which one is good between ~64x64 - ~128x128 which is quite important scope.

anything