Author Topic: Problems with compiling and windows deps  (Read 1415 times)

John Xenir

• Initiate
    • View Profile
Problems with compiling and windows deps
« on: 15 November 2015, 14:01:06 »
I followed this guide to get the code https://docs.megaglest.org/MG/Getting_The_Code and this guide to compile https://docs.megaglest.org/MG/Windows_Compiling GUI approach, because CLI does not work at all and there is nothing that can be done, but I get plenty of errors, presumably because of windows deps. I am using visual express 2012, which windows deps should I get from here http://sourceforge.net/projects/megaglest/files/ if this is even the right location to get it? I get most error related to SDL. The biggest dilemma is whether to get windows_deps or windows_deps_2012. Also I noticed that in include path there is SDL2-2.0.3, while in windows deps I downloaded I found SDL-1.2.1, which I guess is older.

P.S. I am D.U.P.A., but I cannot reactivate my account anymore, because it was tied to email that exists no more.

softcoder

• MegaGlest Team
  • Battle Machine
    • View Profile
Re: Problems with compiling and windows deps
« Reply #1 on: 15 November 2015, 14:13:05 »
for the latest windows builds all deps  are auto  downloaded from the right location. delete any windows_deps* folder AND 7z files, then cvall one of the bat files in mk/windoze:

Make sure you compile using the develop branch.

build-mg-2015.bat rebuild

or

build-mg32bit-2015.bat rebuild

Obviously this works because our jenkins server builds it every git push:

http://snapshots.megaglest.org/windows/

Thanks

filux

• MegaGlest Team
  • Draco Rider
  • was OpenSuse x64, is Debian testing x64
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15 November 2015, 15:50:32 »
I just updated guide a bit so problem should be fixed.

John Xenir

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16 November 2015, 12:32:54 »
With 2015 batch file there don't seem to be errors (I used 2012 batches before), however I still have problems running in visual studio 2015, again with windows deps it seems. Now include files switched SDL to 1.2.15, while now in windows deps is 2.0.3.

This is my include paths in visual studio (this particular example is for glest_game), can someone check if they are all correct?

../../../source/shared_lib/include/graphics;../../../source/shared_lib/include/graphics/gl;../../../source/shared_lib/include/platform;../../../source/shared_lib/include/platform/win32;../../../source/shared_lib/include/sound;../../../source/shared_lib/include/util;../../../source/shared_lib/include/lua;../../../source/shared_lib/include/xml;../../../source/shared_lib/include/xml/rapidxml;../../../source/glest_game/ai;../../../source/glest_game/facilities;../../../source/glest_game/game;../../../source/glest_game/global;../../../source/glest_game/graphics;../../../source/glest_game/gui;../../../source/glest_game/main;../../../source/glest_game/menu;../../../source/glest_game/network;../../../source/glest_game/sound;../../../source/glest_game/type_instances;../../../source/glest_game/types;../../../source/glest_game/world;../../../source/windows_deps_2015/include;../../../source/windows_deps_2015/xerces-c-3.1.1/src;../../../source/windows_deps_2015/SDL-1.2.15/include;../../../source/shared_lib/include/platform/sdl;../../../source/shared_lib/include/sound/openal;../../../source/windows_deps_2015/openal-soft-1.14/include;../../../source/shared_lib/include/platform/posix;../../../source/shared_lib/include/streflop;../../../source/shared_lib/include/platform/common;../../../source/windows_deps_2015/curl-7.21.3/include;../../../source/shared_lib/include/map;../../../source/windows_deps_2015/libircclient/include;../../../source/windows_deps_2015/glew-1.7.0/include;../../../source/shared_lib/include/compression

tomreyn

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
    • MegaGlest - the free and open source cross platform 3D real-time strategy game
« Reply #4 on: 16 November 2015, 17:29:12 »
Some suggestions:

You could compare the output you get when you try to build to that the CI produces.

Alternatively, you could provide the (console / screenshot) error output (if any).
atibox: Ryzen 1800X (8 cores @3.6GHz), 32 GB RAM, MSI Radeon RX 580 Gaming X 8G, PCI subsystem ID [1462:3417], (Radeon RX 580 chipset, POLARIS10) @3440x1440; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon (amdgpu) / mesa video driver
atibox (old): Core2Quad Q9400 (4 cores @2.66GHz), 8 GB RAM, XFX HD-467X-DDF2, PCI subsystem ID [1682:2931], (Radeon HD 4670, RV730 XT) @1680x1050; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon / mesa video driver
notebook: HP envy13d020ng
internet access: VDSL2+

· · · How YOU can contribute to MG · Latest development snapshot · How to build yourself · Megapack techtree · Currently hosted MG games · · ·

John Xenir

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 16 November 2015, 18:07:56 »
Odd, somewhat I managed to make it work. But for that I had to run the project as 'Release', not as 'Debug'. I still don't know what's the difference though.

softcoder

• MegaGlest Team
  • Battle Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 18 November 2015, 14:32:54 »
The deps are not setup properly for debug mode (they are release). therefore your project if compiled in debug wont properly match deps, so you will need to pick release. You Can however pick release with Debug info.

John Xenir

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 18 November 2015, 21:16:57 »
Not much of a problem, just I took time to find out this was an error. However maps with scenario triggers (such as amazones are storming) crash.

tomreyn

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
    • MegaGlest - the free and open source cross platform 3D real-time strategy game
« Reply #8 on: 30 November 2015, 22:20:41 »
Thanks for pointing it out. (In the future, I'd appreciate separate forum topics on separate topics.)

Softcoder fixed the issue you discussed last - a MegaGlest crash on 64-bit Windows snapshots (only) which triggers during scenario initialization - in 9fc7b9f.
atibox: Ryzen 1800X (8 cores @3.6GHz), 32 GB RAM, MSI Radeon RX 580 Gaming X 8G, PCI subsystem ID [1462:3417], (Radeon RX 580 chipset, POLARIS10) @3440x1440; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon (amdgpu) / mesa video driver
atibox (old): Core2Quad Q9400 (4 cores @2.66GHz), 8 GB RAM, XFX HD-467X-DDF2, PCI subsystem ID [1682:2931], (Radeon HD 4670, RV730 XT) @1680x1050; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon / mesa video driver
notebook: HP envy13d020ng
internet access: VDSL2+

· · · How YOU can contribute to MG · Latest development snapshot · How to build yourself · Megapack techtree · Currently hosted MG games · · ·