Author Topic: Ability to restart a single player game from the pause menu  (Read 473 times)

Pizza90

• Draco Rider
    • View Profile
Hi, as per title, I would like to request the possibility to restart a single player game from the menu you get when you put the game in pause. Right now if you don't like how the game is going you have to pause, leave the game, going to the main menu, etc.etc. Whereas you could simply have a "restart game" button so that when you put the game in pause you can click it and restart the game without having to go several clicks :)
I translated Megaglest in italian and i keep the translation updated.

filux

• MegaGlest Team
  • Draco Rider
  • was OpenSuse x64, is Debian testing x64
    • View Profile
Re: Ability to restart a single player game from the pause menu
« Reply #1 on: 16 June 2016, 20:39:21 »
I agree with usefulness of such button in single player and especially in case of scenarios, for now you have to remember the scenario's name and find/choose it again so in most cases it is not so fast and easy.  :)

andy_5995

• Ornithopter
  • Debian Linux user
    • View Profile
    • Andy Alt's home page
« Reply #2 on: 16 June 2016, 21:14:03 »
I agree.

We're referring to the menu when the user hits the <esc> key during a game?

Along the lines of a "restart" option, I think a "load previously saved game" option would also be appropriate in that "esc" menu.

filux

• MegaGlest Team
  • Draco Rider
  • was OpenSuse x64, is Debian testing x64
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16 June 2016, 21:32:33 »
...We're referring to the menu when the user hits the <esc> key during a game?...
Yep :)

...I think a "load previously saved game" option would also be appropriate in that "esc" menu.
Yep but this has lower priority than "restart" and is tougher to implement because probably you need to allow load only if saved game fits to current battle configuration (e.g. not load other scenario just because it is saved as last one  :P) & fits to game version and maybe even something more :).