Author Topic: 5 days of Playing - My Biggest Online Game  (Read 1015 times)

Issh

• Swordman
    • View Profile
5 days of Playing - My Biggest Online Game
« on: 5 October 2016, 07:25:34 »
5 days of playing.. started last Friday  :P

Had a great time last night with Golkombie in a 2 vs 2 game. Fire archers are so pro! (even though Golkombie is too cheap to spend money on them)

Here is the final scores:

In Golkombie's words "Deforestation at its finest"  ;D

Had a really good gaming week thanks to Glest (didn't play anything else in my free time). I hope this thing continues to grow and more players come in. Thanks to all the hardworking people here that keep this alive.

Feels good to have the highest playing time of the week

http://play.mg/showPlayers.php?period=week

The addiction is real  :o
« Last Edit: 5 October 2016, 07:36:25 by Issh »

Golkombie

• Battlemage
    • View Profile
Re: 5 days of Playing - My Biggest Online Game
« Reply #1 on: 8 October 2016, 16:24:08 »
 :swordman: We shall rise and burn our enemies to ashes!!

Yes, I had a great time until disconnected mid game. During the game, we had resource and unit sharing going on. I was positioned in the back, so I took the opportunity to macro hard. Thus, I had a lot of resources even though the a.i. had resource multipliers. This massive accruement of resources allowed me to spam over 700+ high tier units by the 40 minutes mark(where I, unfortunately, disconnected due to extreme frame lag). The game should've ended a lot sooner with our skills, but the pathing was horrible with all the high tier units being so fat and juicy, so I eventually I tried to end the game with smaller tribunes, which worked.

Some thoughts about the game at its current version:
Unit pathing could be improved.
When building, make units move out of the construction area by marking it as a no-go zone. This allows me to build without interruptions.
Buff Tech tier 1 units, please! They are horrible.
Finally, when is Titi_son going to implement the multi-building select to be put under a single hotkey?
To be honest, I'm just honest..

filux

• MegaGlest Team
  • Draco Rider
  • was OpenSuse x64, is Debian testing x64
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 8 October 2016, 18:23:14 »
...Some thoughts about the game at its current version:
Unit pathing could be improved....
This can be said to every version of every game, always. :D

...When building, make units move out of the construction area by marking it as a no-go zone. This allows me to build without interruptions....
This is your job to set "Meeting Points" whenever you want. If it was set wrongly then ...  :P 

...Buff Tech tier 1 units, please! They are horrible....
They supposed to be like this. Use them as a meat/defense for archers and high tier units or don't use them at all. This is their role.

Golkombie

• Battlemage
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 8 October 2016, 22:19:19 »
Quote from: Golkombie on Today at 16:24

...Some thoughts about the game at its current version:
    Unit pathing could be improved....

This can be said to every version of every game, always. :D

This, I understand so no need to comment, if you are going to repeat the message. Captain Obvious

But the weakness of tech tier 1 units is so bad, that it's nearly impossible for a tech player to win head on early-mid game against any faction. All techs games I had were composed entirely of late game pushes. Without their tier 3 supertanks, they can't beat anything on the ground. Compare tech's swordsman and archer to Roman's spearman and archer. The difference with and without upgrades both favor Romans. For example, the spearmen is much cheaper than the swordsman while having similar stats. On the other hand, the Roman archer has both the potential to become a better fire archer while also having better stats as default than the tech archer. In addition, tech swordsman's cost and its upgrade to become a knight are more expensive than a guard, while being 30% weaker than a guard. This makes tech tier 1 units unreliable, which also means the Tech faction cannot expand on its own for half the game. If it expands, it will have to sacrifice its much-needed units for defense. While Romans, Persians, Norse, and other factions can merely spam fodder or anti-fodder units while also expanding. It's uncomparable how unbalanced this faction is. It's power rating grows exponentially, but for half the game it's 30% weaker than other factions. You might as well not have tier 1 units for tech and instead give them a militia force.

Quote from: Golkombie on Today at 16:24

...When building, make units move out of the construction area by marking it as a no-go zone. This allows me to build without interruptions....

This is your job to set "Meeting Points" whenever you want. If it was set wrongly then ... :P 

So you are implying that I suck? I doubt so, cause you know.... 8)
Regardless, I am suggesting that because it's a function that I would like to see. In Starcraft 2, it is really cool to see units are able to still build the building, cause units would move out of construction zone. If you don't think it's a good feature to have, then by all means go reset the construction zone when you could've done other things.
« Last Edit: 8 October 2016, 22:41:25 by Golkombie »
To be honest, I'm just honest..