I model for quite some time now (though not very well),
but theres one idea that comes to my mind:
I often construct my models from 2d planes, so i thought what about an Editor that lets you contruct an 3d Mesh just from x/y/z planes paintings?
heres what i thing it could work:
- Object is constructed from several (not concave) subobjects.
- subobjects are merged as voxels (think of minecraft)
- the result is exported as a highpoly mesh that can be simplyfied and edited in blender
the alignment of the blueprints is like constructing a plane:
-you have your main layer (for example y-layer)
- and you can define several cross sections(x-layers)[theese cross sectiones are interpolated
according to y/z-layer]
- at last you can define a additional boundary in the z-layer
the layers would be movable and groupeable like layers in gimp
heres an image which demonstrates this:
i think i have thought it through till to code this, only it would take me quite some time, so dont expect anything soon.
first could be a commandlinetool which processes a set ob x/y/z-layers...
feel free to post concerns/hints/whatever