Author Topic: Wanted: music-themed tileset  (Read 917 times)

andy_5995

• Ornithopter
  • Debian Linux user
    • View Profile
    • Andy Alt's home page
Wanted: music-themed tileset
« on: 22 February 2017, 20:54:48 »
I want to make a music-themed tileset, but I'm not really a graphic artist.. when I look inside a tileset directory, it looks very overwhelming.

Though there isn't much "color" to music... I was thinking of modifying the evergreen tileset, over-laying treble clefts onto the trees, and over-laying piano keys on the grass. Somewhere there would be 1/8 notes. Or maybe the trees would be shaped like guitars.

Does this give anyone ideas? Anyone interested in making something like this?

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: Wanted: music-themed tileset
« Reply #1 on: 22 February 2017, 21:29:16 »
That would conflict with the faction music, which I think is where musical efforts should be focused anyway.
When it comes to tileset audio, I think the ambient effects are what could be improved.
Egypt Remastered!

Proof: Owner of glest@mail.com

andy_5995

• Ornithopter
  • Debian Linux user
    • View Profile
    • Andy Alt's home page
« Reply #2 on: 22 February 2017, 21:59:55 »
There's a "music" faction? Where can I download it from?

As for improving the ambient audio of tilesets, I would help with that, but I'm not very good in that area either.

I started learning to play the piano and reading sheet music 5 years ago, at the age of 39. Although I can do some crude edits to audio files and play several songs on the piano, I'm not very creative musically.

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3 on: 22 February 2017, 22:18:42 »
Ah, I misread your post. I thought you wanted to add musical sounds into tilesets. Woops. ;D

Tilesets are actually pretty simple, there are just a lot of files to add visual variety. Modeling musical notes is very easy and actually a great place to start learning Blender if you're interested.
I've got plenty of projects to work on, but I can answer any questions about Blender and creating content for MG.
Egypt Remastered!

Proof: Owner of glest@mail.com

andy_5995

• Ornithopter
  • Debian Linux user
    • View Profile
    • Andy Alt's home page
« Reply #4 on: 24 February 2017, 06:57:25 »
Thank you for your kind offer.

Presently, I'd like to take a break from the computer or doing anything new. But I will definitely consult with you if I start on this project.

anything