Author Topic: [New Faction] Nights Watch (GoT) [WIP]  (Read 6064 times)

Kinrove

• Archer
    • View Profile
Re: [New Faction] Nights Watch (GoT) [WIP]
« Reply #25 on: 24 August 2023, 08:49:20 »
I don't even know if there are still people visiting the forum, but this message is to say that I intend to restart this project. I've stopped Blender for 5 years, so it could be a good way to update my skills...

The comeback is tough thought...

Anyway, I hope that I'll be able to finish this faction, if someone sees this message and knows if there is a discord server where we can exchange about Glest and more especially its modding, please, feel free to share it, I'm sure the community could be helpful :)

andy_5995

• Ornithopter
  • Debian Linux user
    • View Profile
    • Andy Alt's home page
« Reply #26 on: 24 August 2023, 09:03:29 »
Hi, Kinrove, welcome back!

If you're on Reddit, I'd suggesting posting to https://www.reddit.com/r/Glest/ IMO, there's more chance of activity there than here.

(I tried lemmy but the instance I joined went down within 24 hours and hasn't been back up since (over a month).

Me and a few others still play regularly and are sometimes ready and willing to try new or updated mods.

If you're on GitHub, I can send you an invite join this organization that we use to help organize and promote mods, maps, etc.

The MegaGlest IRC room is now bridged to a Matrix room if you'd care to hang out there.

andy_5995

• Ornithopter
  • Debian Linux user
    • View Profile
    • Andy Alt's home page
« Reply #27 on: 25 August 2023, 06:33:12 »
What I did, is I created a folder 'gameofthrones' within the 'megaglest/techs' folder.
This one is located 'C:\Users\Geo\AppData\Roaming\megaglest\techs'.

I read somewhere that was the way to do deal with it.

No, that's not right. The tree structure should be something like:

├── commondata
│   └── sounds
├── factions
│   ├── egypt
│   ├── greeks
│   ├── indian
│   ├── magic
│   ├── norsemen
│   ├── persian
│   ├── romans
│   └── tech
├── greeks-testing.xml
└── resources
    ├── energy
    ├── food
    ├── gold
    ├── housing
    ├── stone
    └── wood

So you'd need to copy the 'resources' and 'commondata' folders from megaglest data into the root of your techtree. If you intend for nightwatch to be a stand-alone faction, you'd need a nightwatch/factions/nightwatch/units folder.

If you want nightwatch to be played against the factions in the megapack techtree, then you add faction link, which is a single file (see https://github.com/zetaglest/greeks-testing/tree/master/techtree/greeks-testing/factions/indian ).