Author Topic: Default Login Setting [Forver is a long time]  (Read 2405 times)

Coldfusionstorm

• Golem
    • View Profile
Default Login Setting [Forver is a long time]
« on: 1 December 2012, 00:44:40 »
When you log in the timer is set to forever, this is a really long time and is imo, unnessesary, it would be more secure if it was lower, at least set the default to one month, so if people forgot on public libary pc's or brother/sister/home, friends pc's ect ect. It will log out at least at some point.
WiP Game developer.
I do danish translations.
"i break stuff"

tomreyn

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
    • MegaGlest - the free and open source cross platform 3D real-time strategy game
Re: Default Login Setting [Forver is a long time]
« Reply #1 on: 1 December 2012, 03:32:17 »
Which login are you referring to? The forums (I guess this should this be discussed in the 'General' forum then)? The Transifex login from options menu? Announcement of servers to the masterserver?
atibox: Ryzen 1800X (8 cores @3.6GHz), 32 GB RAM, MSI Radeon RX 580 Gaming X 8G, PCI subsystem ID [1462:3417], (Radeon RX 580 chipset, POLARIS10) @3440x1440; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon (amdgpu) / mesa video driver
atibox (old): Core2Quad Q9400 (4 cores @2.66GHz), 8 GB RAM, XFX HD-467X-DDF2, PCI subsystem ID [1682:2931], (Radeon HD 4670, RV730 XT) @1680x1050; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon / mesa video driver
notebook: HP envy13d020ng
internet access: VDSL2+

· · · How YOU can contribute to MG · Latest development snapshot · How to build yourself · Megapack techtree · Currently hosted MG games · · ·

Omega

• MegaGlest Team
  • Dragon
  • Professional bug writer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #2 on: 1 December 2012, 03:51:10 »
Without having any idea which you're referring to, if it happens to be the forum, there's a nifty little drop down box next to your name that lets you decide how long to remain logged in for. And of course, the equally nifty "log out" button...
Edit the MegaGlest wiki: http://docs.megaglest.org/

My personal projects: http://github.com/KatrinaHoffert

Coldfusionstorm

• Golem
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 1 December 2012, 22:57:49 »
I am talking about forum login, Forever seems like a absurd setting, tbh it would be better overall if it was set to at least a month, prefebly less, or a day.
WiP Game developer.
I do danish translations.
"i break stuff"

MoLAoS

• Ornithopter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2 December 2012, 00:15:48 »
Is it set to forever automatically? I am pretty sure you have to click forever. I wouldn't know though, I logged in once and set it to forever. So convenient.

Manric

« Reply #5 on: 2 December 2012, 10:40:01 »
The default is indeed forever, but it takes only a split second to change it. I always set it to "1 hour" myself, and then I have no need to remember to log off.