Author Topic: [Won't fix] Shibboleth: missing files / XML descriptions / language file strings  (Read 1551 times)

tomreyn

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
    • MegaGlest - the free and open source cross platform 3D real-time strategy game
This is a glest-error.log for df40f564e3c7826296cbc92d4ce48e0cbd0f4537

Code: [Select]
Glest Advanced Engine: Error log file. 15-Apr-2011_17-07-38

Error: the texture named '' was not found.
Error: the texture named '' was not found.
                While loading background style for widget type 'CONSOLE'
                         loading 'Colours'
XML Error in techs/shibboleth/factions/alpha/units/archer/archer.xml:
        Node "cloak" doesn't have 1 children named  "image"

Tree: cloak (upgrade-requirements (upgrade )  group )
Error loading techs/shibboleth/factions/alpha/units/castle/models/castle.g3d:
        PHYSFS_openRead failed: techs/shibboleth/factions/alpha/units/castle/models/castle.g3d
        Error: No such file or directory
Error loading techs/shibboleth/factions/alpha/units/catapult/models/catapult_walking.g3d:
        PHYSFS_openRead failed: techs/shibboleth/factions/alpha/units/catapult/models/catapult_walking.g3d
Error loading techs/shibboleth/factions/alpha/units/castle/destruction_models/defense_tower_destruction.g3d:
        PHYSFS_openRead failed: techs/shibboleth/factions/alpha/units/castle/destruction_models/defense_tower_destruction.g3d
Error loading techs/shibboleth/factions/alpha/units/defense_tower/images/transport_load.bmp:
        referenced in techs/shibboleth/factions/alpha/units/defense_tower/defense_tower.xml
        PHYSFS_openRead failed: techs/shibboleth/factions/alpha/units/defense_tower/images/transport_load.bmp
Error loading techs/shibboleth/factions/alpha/units/defense_tower/images/transport_load.bmp:
        referenced in techs/shibboleth/factions/alpha/units/defense_tower/defense_tower.xml
        PHYSFS_openRead failed: techs/shibboleth/factions/alpha/units/defense_tower/images/transport_load.bmp
Error loading techs/shibboleth/factions/alpha/units/defense_tower/images/transport_unload.bmp:
        PHYSFS_openRead failed: techs/shibboleth/factions/alpha/units/defense_tower/images/transport_unload.bmp
Error loading techs/shibboleth/factions/alpha/units/defense_tower/images/transport_unload.bmp:
        PHYSFS_openRead failed: techs/shibboleth/factions/alpha/units/defense_tower/images/transport_unload.bmp
Error loading techs/shibboleth/factions/alpha/units/defense_tower/images/none.bmp:
        PHYSFS_openRead failed: techs/shibboleth/factions/alpha/units/defense_tower/images/none.bmp
Error loading techs/shibboleth/factions/alpha/units/defense_tower/images/none.bmp:
        PHYSFS_openRead failed: techs/shibboleth/factions/alpha/units/defense_tower/images/none.bmp
Error loading techs/shibboleth/factions/alpha/units/farm/images/none.bmp:
        referenced in techs/shibboleth/factions/alpha/units/farm/farm.xml
        PHYSFS_openRead failed: techs/shibboleth/factions/alpha/units/farm/images/none.bmp
Error loading techs/shibboleth/factions/alpha/units/farm/images/none.bmp:
        referenced in techs/shibboleth/factions/alpha/units/farm/farm.xml
        PHYSFS_openRead failed: techs/shibboleth/factions/alpha/units/farm/images/none.bmp
XML Error in techs/shibboleth/factions/alpha/units/merlin/merlin.xml:
        Node "detector" doesn't have 1 children named  "image"

Tree: detector (group )
techs/shibboleth/factions/alpha/units/swordman: Warning: node 'discount' of morph command is deprecated, use 'cost-modifier' instead
techs/shibboleth/factions/alpha/units/technician: Warning: node 'discount' of morph command is deprecated, use 'cost-modifier' instead
Error loading techs/shibboleth/factions/alpha/units/wall/null.g3d:
        PHYSFS_openRead failed: techs/shibboleth/factions/alpha/units/wall/null.g3d

Lang look-up errors:
The key 'stop' was looked up in techs/shibboleth/factions/alpha/lang/alpha_en.lng and not found.
The key 'move' was looked up in techs/shibboleth/factions/alpha/lang/alpha_en.lng and not found.
The key 'wall' was looked up in techs/shibboleth/factions/alpha/lang/alpha_en.lng and not found.
The key 'wall' was looked up in gae/data/lang/en.lng and not found.
The key 'become_farm' was looked up in techs/shibboleth/factions/alpha/lang/alpha_en.lng and not found.
The key 'build_self' was looked up in techs/shibboleth/factions/alpha/lang/alpha_en.lng and not found.
The key 'Build Self' was looked up in gae/data/lang/en.lng and not found.
The key 'ExploredTargetOnly' was looked up in gae/data/lang/en.lng and not found.
The key 'produce_merlin' was looked up in techs/shibboleth/factions/alpha/lang/alpha_en.lng and not found.
The key 'become_tower' was looked up in techs/shibboleth/factions/alpha/lang/alpha_en.lng and not found.
The key 'upgrade_piercing_weapons' was looked up in techs/shibboleth/factions/alpha/lang/alpha_en.lng and not found.
The key 'eat_spinach' was looked up in techs/shibboleth/factions/alpha/lang/alpha_en.lng and not found.
The key 'upgrade_blade_weapons' was looked up in techs/shibboleth/factions/alpha/lang/alpha_en.lng and not found.
The key 'upgrade_shield' was looked up in techs/shibboleth/factions/alpha/lang/alpha_en.lng and not found.
« Last Edit: 18 April 2011, 17:09:45 by tomreyn »
atibox: Ryzen 1800X (8 cores @3.6GHz), 32 GB RAM, MSI Radeon RX 580 Gaming X 8G, PCI subsystem ID [1462:3417], (Radeon RX 580 chipset, POLARIS10) @3440x1440; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon (amdgpu) / mesa video driver
atibox (old): Core2Quad Q9400 (4 cores @2.66GHz), 8 GB RAM, XFX HD-467X-DDF2, PCI subsystem ID [1682:2931], (Radeon HD 4670, RV730 XT) @1680x1050; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon / mesa video driver
notebook: HP envy13d020ng
internet access: VDSL2+

· · · How YOU can contribute to MG · Latest development snapshot · How to build yourself · Megapack techtree · Currently hosted MG games · · ·

John.d.h

• Airship
  • I have to go now. My planet needs me.
    • View Profile
I think Shibboleth is really just for testing purposes, so I'll leave the language files as they are unless someone desperately wants them fixed.

ultifd

• Airship
  • The Glest Video Guy :) The one and only. :P
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
I desperately want them fixed and I would appreciate it if you would fix them. ;)

Omega

• MegaGlest Team
  • Dragon
  • Professional bug writer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
Hmm... one of those strings is not a faction error too.

The key 'ExploredTargetOnly' was looked up in gae/data/lang/en.lng and not found.
That one is the general GAE language file. Not sure what it's used for though?
Edit the MegaGlest wiki: http://docs.megaglest.org/

My personal projects: http://github.com/KatrinaHoffert

John.d.h

• Airship
  • I have to go now. My planet needs me.
    • View Profile
Hmm... one of those strings is not a faction error too.

That one is the general GAE language file. Not sure what it's used for though?
Good catch.  That is for teleportation.  Fixed in en.lng and es_ES.lng.

tomreyn

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
    • MegaGlest - the free and open source cross platform 3D real-time strategy game
If it's just for testing then I concur language strings do not need not be added. I'm more thinking about the XML files and G3Ds, though.

The point I'm coming from is that, ideally, no errors would be logged if it is an expected issue, or they would become warnings somehow. For G3Ds and images this could be achieved by referencing generic models / animations / images which only indicate what would be seen here if this model / animation / image was in place. For example, for an upgrading building, display an up arrow. Those could then be referenced in the XML files so that no errors would occur if it is known and acceptable that a dedicated model / animation / image is not available.

But this is really just a nice-to-have for Shibboleth then.
atibox: Ryzen 1800X (8 cores @3.6GHz), 32 GB RAM, MSI Radeon RX 580 Gaming X 8G, PCI subsystem ID [1462:3417], (Radeon RX 580 chipset, POLARIS10) @3440x1440; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon (amdgpu) / mesa video driver
atibox (old): Core2Quad Q9400 (4 cores @2.66GHz), 8 GB RAM, XFX HD-467X-DDF2, PCI subsystem ID [1682:2931], (Radeon HD 4670, RV730 XT) @1680x1050; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon / mesa video driver
notebook: HP envy13d020ng
internet access: VDSL2+

· · · How YOU can contribute to MG · Latest development snapshot · How to build yourself · Megapack techtree · Currently hosted MG games · · ·